1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. ajirbl

ajirbl Oakley Enthusiast

Well, after getting my collection up to 19 pairs I had to make no20 something that I felt was really special. That something special is actually my first juliet.

It's a 1st gen Plasma Juliet that quite honestly is the most gorgeous piece i've ever seen. Seller indicated he was a former Oakley employee and that these were some of the first Juliet's made...not sure how true that is, but still cool nonetheless to think about.

So, 1st gen plasma, with Gold Iridium Polarized Lenses, and Red unmarked Romeo rubber. Didn't come with a box, but have been told it didn't ever have one, as it was a custom at One Icon.

Seller also sent me his old business card which is legit and I can confirm he used to be an Oakley Sales Rep.

Here is are a couple pictures I took, and the couple the seller took which represent it a little better.
    Lowwww Serial Plasma Juliet P000029 - image.jpg Lowwww Serial Plasma Juliet P000029 - image.jpg

Seller's Pics

Lowwww Serial Plasma Juliet P000029 - front juliet.JPG
    Lowwww Serial Plasma Juliet P000029 - front juliet 2.jpeg Lowwww Serial Plasma Juliet P000029 - rear juliet.jpeg
    Lowwww Serial Plasma Juliet P000029 - juliet arm.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: 7/24/14
    mjt42 and Carrera1963 like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

This was from the bay ya?

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

Nice! I have mars #M000029

4. ajirbl

ajirbl Oakley Enthusiast

Yeah, it was. Sniped it at the end.

5. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Thought I saw it. Nice pick up.

6. ajirbl

ajirbl Oakley Enthusiast

See thats just awesome. You know you have some history with originals like these. I especially like that mine came with completely different lenses, nosebombs, and earsocks compared to "standard" at the time. And maybe i'm just revelling in it a little too much, but i just think its awesome to think that these early models may have been handled by Jim himself considering he'd probably want to ensure they lived up to his expectations for each frame style.

7. ajirbl

ajirbl Oakley Enthusiast

and the condition of the frame is even better than the pictures would have had you believe. Only oxidation spot on the whole thing is under the right nosebomb.

i am rich likes this.
  8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

That's a great looking pair of Juliet's you got their.

9. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

And excitement about low serial aside, how are you liking your first pair of Juliets?

10. Mervillian

Mervillian Oakley Enthusiast

I'm really digging the rust decay display pedestal in the seller's pictures. Nice Juliets too.

greg likes this.