• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lucky Purchase

Wally Taylor

I should Work at Oakley
Erie
image.jpeg
Hey! I bought THIS!

Last edited:
I thought anything else applied to ANYTHING else. I'll remove it. Sorry guys!

Nah you were right, there was nothing inappropriate about posting those non-Oakley antique glasses in this section.

The question is if there's any interest. We're a bunch of Oakley fanatics here and historically non-Oakley eyewear has gotten a lukewarm reception at best. While other off-topics that may or may not be complimentary to the fanaticism but don't overlap so much have been more successful.

For example, Oakleys are used frequently for sports, one of which is cycling. Thus many of us Oakley fanatics are also into bikes, so the thread about bikes has done well.

And then with food, that has nothing to do with Oakley at all, but it's a topic that most everyone can be enthusiastic about, so that thread's done well too.

I understand! That's very cool. I wore Oakley MOONS for 7 years, and M Frames for 4 years before that. I won a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ's for FREE on BeeZid auction site. I had 25 free bids that they gave me to try, and I got the FLAK JACKET XLJ's with the great case for free on the 8th bid. I had to pay $14.95 shipping, but it got me back into Oakleys.
I recently bought a pair of WOODGRAIN FROGSKINS with the PRIZM Daily Polarized lenses. That got me into the new PRIZM technology.
I just bought two sets of PRIZM Deep Water Polarized lenses for my Flak XLJ's, and Deep Water PRIZM is my new lense of choice, but I really like PRIZM Daily on cloudy days.
So as You can probably see, I am an OAKLEY guy, but the antique glasses that I bought having my prescription I thought was really cool. Some day, in a hundred years, some kid will find a pair of Prescription Mad Man RX glasses in his prescription, and he will be as happy as I am finding my C.O.C. antique glasses that allow me to see every bit as well as if an optomitrist had tested and otdered me a $400 pair of vintage look glasses. That's kind of why I posted my steal of a deal with my cool gold glasses.
I wanted minimalist glasses, and I REALLY got minimalist. I love them. I would love to have MadMan RX, but OAKLEY Sunglasses are more important to me. And these 100 year old glasses are exactly what I wish that OAKLEY was making for prescription frames. In fact, I think they SHOULD make eyeglasses exactly like these. With the tiny amount of materials involved, and the lenses being highlighted, these would make them a TON of money, and the lenses being the important part, they are right up OAKLEY ALLEY!

I understand! That's very cool. I wore Oakley MOONS for 7 years, and M Frames for 4 years before that. I won a pair of Flak Jacket XLJ's for FREE on BeeZid auction site. I had 25 free bids that they gave me to try, and I got the FLAK JACKET XLJ's with the great case for free on the 8th bid. I had to pay $14.95 shipping, but it got me back into Oakleys.
I recently bought a pair of WOODGRAIN FROGSKINS with the PRIZM Daily Polarized lenses. That got me into the new PRIZM technology.
I just bought two sets of PRIZM Deep Water Polarized lenses for my Flak XLJ's, and Deep Water PRIZM is my new lense of choice, but I really like PRIZM Daily on cloudy days.
So as You can probably see, I am an OAKLEY guy, but the antique glasses that I bought having my prescription I thought was really cool. Some day, in a hundred years, some kid will find a pair of Prescription Mad Man RX glasses in his prescription, and he will be as happy as I am finding my C.O.C. antique glasses that allow me to see every bit as well as if an optomitrist had tested and otdered me a $400 pair of vintage look glasses. That's kind of why I posted my steal of a deal with my cool gold glasses.
I wanted minimalist glasses, and I REALLY got minimalist. I love them. I would love to have MadMan RX, but OAKLEY Sunglasses are more important to me. And these 100 year old glasses are exactly what I wish that OAKLEY was making for prescription frames. In fact, I think they SHOULD make eyeglasses exactly like these. With the tiny amount of materials involved, and the lenses being highlighted, these would make them a TON of money, and the lenses being the important part, they are right up OAKLEY ALLEY!

I've been wondering, since you were so fanatic about Moon, why don't you get a pair of Mars? They're what the Moon was modeled after, only made from a much more durable titanium alloy. And they're much more likely to last 100 years than any madman...

I just started selling on eBay. I'm 59 years old and have a LOT of cool stuff since I never had any kids. I want to buy a pair of the Leather Jordans mint in box, but I will probably buy a pair of Craters first to wear. I'm with You on the Mars. and they will be my major Oakley purchases. I loved the Moons, and I kick myself for not buying a few Craters when they were all over eBay for $150-$175. At the time, I was putting all of my money into Gold and Silver.
Those investments are kicking butt this year. I don't want to sell any to buy Oakleys, because I believe the metals are going much higher. I also believe that boxed, sealed Leather Jordan Mars are also going much higher down the road, so I could do worse than sell an ounce of gold to buy my Jordan Mars.
I will pay for my Craters out of eBay sales. I did just buy a pair of new MadMan with the tube and everything. I have liked them since I first layed eyes on them. I just had to have a pair, I tried them on, and they do work on my head. I didn't buy them to wear, and I probably won't even open them.

Last edited:
Back