• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lunch Box

Lunch Box vs Tron Vs kitchen sink

• Total voters
The Lunch Box is my 4th Oakley backpack, Ive own AP Mechanism, kitchen sink and the hard shell.

The Lunchbox is a great backpack, this was the first weekend Gig-ing (djing) with this backpack. ** All the money I'm going save from wasting money at the bars shall pay off in the long run by bring my own drinks to gigs.

My quick review: The main storage is not as big as the Ap Mechanism, or Kitchen sink but its a good decent size. I was able to fit 2 laptop in my bag 15 inch and 13 inch laptop, dj heaphones, few records. The hard plastic door for the cooler is good at keeping the bag upright and stable while you have the bag laying on the floor. Only thing about the plastic hard shell is the locking device doesn't seem very secure, but i haven't had anything fall yet. The best thing about this backpack are the padded arms, it's super comfortable. None of the other oakley backpacks have this much padding on the arms!!! When you see pictures of the backback online it looks huge, but it really isn't that big.

The bag is little heavier then the AP mechanism bag, but still alot lighter then the kitchen sick. The zippers and hardware on this bag are top quality over other oakley bags. You get what you pay for in the lunchbox. If you find the bag on sale or at a good price, get it!!! I think its better then AP mechanism and the kitchen sink backpack.

I actually just got the bag today. It's just as you describe. I don't really mind the limited space as i've already mentioned i'm going to be using it as my son's diaper/snack bag and not actually put my laptop in it.

the AP/ Mechanism should have been in poll looks like good bag. which one do you think would have best laptop protection?
I liked the Icon Pack 3 for carring a laptop (I work on 14" screens) - though I made the regrettable mistake of helping a friend in need with my Icon Pack 3 as I have one of the earlier releases ... weeks later going on a weekend trip I found out that the earlier one that I have does come with have a laptop compartment :headbang:

Back