1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Wow, Luxottica really are not endearing themselves to anyone anymore. I had a listing for some sunglasses on eBay. My digital camera is broken so instead I just used the stock Oakley images you can find on hundreds of websites for the models I was selling. I have done this many times for years.

Today I got an email from eBay to say my listings were pulled because 'an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Luxottica Retail, notified eBay that this listing breaches intellectual property rights'. Has anybody else got this?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

Wow LUX has nothing better to do with their time then poilce ebay.

3. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

Wow, I wonder if they actually care about the copyrights of the image, or if they thought you might be selling counterfeits(though they should prob know otherwise by looking at your feedback).

Its not very smart of a company to ask a copyrighted image to be taken down, when its advertising their product lol. Unless they are trying to keep Oakley's in the primary market(i.e bought from them), since they don't profit from the secondary market(i.e eBay).

Technically though according to eBay rules you aren't allowed to use images you didn't create: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

But I'd say at least 10% of eBay listings use stock images.

4. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

That's fine them taking down your listing because of the photo BUT they now have to do it for all the rest too otherwise you are being singled out & surely it has to be the same rule for all on eBay listings.

5. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

That's annoying

6. NMOne

NMOne Oakley Beginner

That's dumb. I've lost count of how many eBay auctions I've seen that use the stock website images. I bet Lux doesn't do anything to optical outfits that do this.

7. OakleyBoss

OakleyBoss Moderator Staff Member Administrator

The difference is, the optical outfits might have permission to use them from Lux. Just saying.

8. ben8cv

ben8cv Oakley Beginner

this happened to me with a supreme jacket a week or so ago -_- obnoxious

9. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

a competing seller probably reported you...

10. dallious

dallious Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

About a month ago this happened to me also, was not sure what to make of it than but thanks for posting this