• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
IMHO, from those pictures, they look very cheaply made (though that may just be the result of cutting weight).

Yeah the injection marks don't look so pleasant and in general the frame is pretty "timid" for Oakley, but the whole thing is function-first. Virtually every bit of matter was designed into purpose. Made in USA is something to note, though.

Thanks for the detailed review! Very well done and highlighted everything I think. Now I can't wait to get a pair!

So after reading @Rustpot's review on the Alpha, I decided I had to get me a pair.

My first SI order showed up while I was at work yesterday and when I got home late last night this was one of the items I had waiting for me.

DSC_7960_zpsklrqlh69.jpg

DSC_7959_zpso6tqdfhr.jpg

All the frame colors seem sort of blah to me, so I got white thinking it would be the best canvas for @dr.chop to work with. ;)

The white frame is only available with the Jade Iridium Prizm lens (of which I really wasn't too fond at the time of purchase).

In person it is much less "green" than it looks online and I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

The red tint that you are immersed in once you get them on took a little while to get used to.

It makes everything so bright.

But yet it doesn't make me squint... kind of weird actually.

I don't really know how to describe it.

I got used to it in short time and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite lens to look through.

As far as the frame goes, @Rustpot is right in that they feel light on the face and are not tight.

I can only feel a very slight pressure on my nose and notice nothing on the sides of my head.

All in all I like these sunglasses very much.

I'm planning on getting both a Terrain Tan and a Matte Black frame in the very near future and I'll probably get all the lens options as well. :cool-20:

So after reading @Rustpot's review on the Alpha, I decided I had to get me a pair.

My first SI order showed up while I was at work yesterday and when I got home late last night this was one of the items I had waiting for me.

View attachment 239216

View attachment 239217

All the frame colors seem sort of blah to me, so I got white thinking it would be the best canvas for @dr.chop to work with. ;)

The white frame is only available with the Jade Iridium Prizm lens (of which I really wasn't too fond at the time of purchase).

In person it is much less "green" than it looks online and I like it a lot more than I thought I would.

The red tint that you are immersed in once you get them on took a little while to get used to.

It makes everything so bright.

But yet it doesn't make me squint... kind of weird actually.

I don't really know how to describe it.

I got used to it in short time and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite lens to look through.

As far as the frame goes, @Rustpot is right in that they feel light on the face and are not tight.

I can only feel a very slight pressure on my nose and notice nothing on the sides of my head.

All in all I like these sunglasses very much.

I'm planning on getting both a Terrain Tan and a Matte Black frame in the very near future and I'll probably get all the lens options as well. :cool-20:

good call with the white...lots can be done there

Latest Posts

Back