• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M-Frame/Monster Dog Discontinued

Speaking of discontinued models....does anyone know if the Half Jacket (original) has been discontinued? I don't see any listed on the O web site anymore, the OCP options are next to nothing, and there have been lots of them on the Vault web page lately. I haven't heard anything about a discontinuation, but they are 10 years old already, and HJ2.0 have been out for a while.

O-stores only have lenses for OG HJ now
Everything has switched to HJ 2.0

A sad day indeed...the MDs are dunzo on the Oakley site (still available as a Custom though). However, three models are now up on the Vault site for $69.99 a piece.

how long will the replacement lenses for MD's be available?
one year or just as long as sold out?

Hard to say but I would probably go with the latter. The Monster Pups have been gone for a while and they still sell some of the lenses on oakley.com.

Are the Pitbulls also on their way out? I see on Oakley Vault that they have a ton of colorways up for those but not sure if they're just making way for new colorways or pushing towards axing the line altogether.

Are the Pitbulls also on their way out? I see on Oakley Vault that they have a ton of colorways up for those but not sure if they're just making way for new colorways or pushing towards axing the line altogether.

I hope not. But if they are at least my Ducati Pitbull are on their way and I'm also thinking of getting the FMJ.

Just in case anyone hasn't heard, you can do custom Half Jacket builds for $89, with standard Iridium lenses . This price is good in-store only (the web price is still $130). Some O Stores have shipped their OCP HJ frames off to the Vault, but some still have stock. You'll have to poke around on your own. I just picked up three pairs at the Vault this afternoon :cool:

Back