1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Serrata

Serrata Oakley Beginner

Hi I found this forum because I was searching for M frames...only...
    I bought a pair of M-frames with prescription inserts around the mid 1990's from my optometrist when I lived in South Africa...
    I now live in New Zealand...
    My frame has at least two cracks in the right hand segment above the lens, and the lens itself has a crack on the lower portion, but with a bit of CF and skill, and I will join it back together to hold the lens in place...

Soooo, I want to find our if M-frames are available on their own?
    I can show pics of my black Iridium Mumbos to show you what I mean?
    BTW...I could find no obvious place in the Oakley website to ask this question...

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

No, oakley won't sell you just a frame. And by the sound of it you've got an old version, your lens might not fit in a new frame.

3. GRFMotorsports

GRFMotorsports is an Oakley whore Premium Member

Hang out for a few days here and meet the guidelines to post in the exchange. Im sure there are some members willing to help. When you get a chance post up some pics of your old pair, curious to see what they look like. I have quite a few M frame RX lenses.

4. Sunglass Shack

Sunglass Shack Oakley Enthusiast

Let me see if I can get you that frame still. I have the ability to order just frames with no lenses. BRB

5. Sunglass Shack

So on my dealer site it is actually still listed where I can buy only the frame however nearly all colors are on backorder. My rep tells me when a discontinued frame is on backorder don't expect to ever get it again. However, they are showing some stock still available in both a red frame and a yellow frame.

Buy both, combine them, become a McDonalds Manager.

6. Serrata

Serrata Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the answers, folks...
    Since I first posted, I zipped around this site, and was blown away by the info...
    It appears that I have a first Gen M-frame...ah well...
    I will clean out the cracks in the frame and glue the cracks in the frame and see how they hold up?
    The lens will require a bit more work, but hey, it can be a Steampunk mod...:cool-20:

7. Serrata

Serrata Oakley Beginner

Will these frames be First Gen by any chance?
    I will do pics in a short while...

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

9. Sunglass Shack

Probably not, they would be the newest ones made. They are ALL discontinued so these are the newest of the leftovers before they are forever gone.

10. Serrata

Serrata Oakley Beginner

Thanks for the help folks...it looks like a lifetime warrantee is dependent on the parts being available?
    We live and learn...:mad:
    I will do the steampunk thing...