• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M Frame Owners, Please Tell Me You Do NOT Do This!

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
I was looking for a video of lens removal/installation for Eckstream, and I found this guy is showing you how to remove the lens from the frame... and wear out the frame and snap the hooks off the lens as fast as possible! I didn't think this method would have even been possible had I not seen it. I know the Heater has weak hooks, but this might explain all of the broken lenses I see on eBay.

For the love of God, Jim Jannard, and his holy gift of M Frames, DO NOT YANK THE LENS OUT BY THE CORNERS FIRST!

Jump to 15seconds.
[video=youtube;bUbU_zCe7-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bUbU_zCe7-U#t=16s[/video]

I watched maybe 10 videos the other night and just about all of them had incorrect information, or were kids that knew nothing of the greatness they possessed and saw fit to treat the glasses like the kids' parents treated them.

LOL, if he knew to hook the corners first before snapping the middle back in during install, you'd think it would make perfect sense to do it the opposite way when removing them.

Back