• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M Frame replacement Lense question.

Hotbaws

Oakley Beginner
Hi All,

Thought I'd ask my first question of you gurus to see what you'd advise....

I'm a very keen golfer and play a lot (well Scotland is the home of golf after all ) I did have the David Duval Golf array that I bought 20 years ago but I sold them.

I've since picked up a couple of pairs of M Frames, one an array set and the others just the single lense set but the standard lenses are too small for my big baw face so I'm looking to get a replacement lense set in the bigger style....Sweep if I remember correctly.

Where's best to procure a set of the Sweep lenses?

Cheers
Gary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can still get a sweep lens on UK Oakley.com but the heater lens will be harder to source. I usually try eBay. With care some good deals are on offer :)

I think the Duvall signature pair was a Heater in Slate.

But, yes, as stated the biggest standard retail lens was/is the Heater. There was a bigger one, the Slash, but it was a pretty limited offering for sports and featured a lot of venting.

Moving down the list, the Agro and Strike are next (the Agro being an extended version of the Strike), the Hybrid is a touch smaller with cheek scallops, then the Sweep, and rounding out the modern 5 is the Hybrid S. And, once again, I say "modern 5" because the Gen1 and Gen2 frames saw ~5 other lens sizes, including another version of the Hybrid. But they settled on the 5 (Heater, Strike, Hybrid, Sweep, Hybrid S) in the 90's and ran them for close to 20 years.

If you take some photos of what you have I can tell you what everything is.

I think the Duvall signature pair was a Heater in Slate.

But, yes, as stated the biggest standard retail lens was/is the Heater. There was a bigger one, the Slash, but it was a pretty limited offering for sports and featured a lot of venting.

Moving down the list, the Agro and Strike are next (the Agro being an extended version of the Strike), the Hybrid is a touch smaller with cheek scallops, then the Sweep, and rounding out the modern 5 is the Hybrid S. And, once again, I say "modern 5" because the Gen1 and Gen2 frames saw ~5 other lens sizes, including another version of the Hybrid. But they settled on the 5 (Heater, Strike, Hybrid, Sweep, Hybrid S) in the 90's and ran them for close to 20 years.

If you take some photos of what you have I can tell you what everything is.

Thanks for the reply @Rustpot

I'm on holiday but home on Monday so I'll same a couple of pictures and post them up.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back