• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

M-Frames Lens Exchange

Hitech Vojtech

I should Work at Oakley
Shanghai,China
Hi guys as I am using my Pro M frames more and more often I'm of course thinking of idea of getting more lenses and changing them according the light conditions....I must say that even I got radars some time ago that are actually great sport weapon the Pro M frames age just ultimate weapon so tight so spill and strong design yet beautifully sculpted and still looking great ....
What is your experience guys with changing lenses quite often let's say 2 times a week....does it affect the lifetime of the frame or lens?
I realized that after couple of times removing the lens it get little bit scratched the sharp corner of lens in area where it clubs to the frame....
I know they did radarlocks for easier switching lens,but wanna be sure that the m frames will be functional still after years when I use them...
Thanx for ideas :)

Just my 2cents worth

but twice a week doesn't seem like much

however 100 times a yr, now your talking, just doesn't seem to be the best platform for it
do it for now but consider adding another frame if it's your go to, plus if you lose it
It won't exactly be the end of the world.

again, just my thoughts

Honestly removing lenses from any frame frequently is going to cause wear to the lens and frame. Switchlock does make it easier but though.

Thanx for reply... Actually I was thinking that it will probably cause damage long term....but the m-frames specially look that it's important the tight fit otherwise the lens just fall of the frame comparing the racing jackets or juliets or any other oakleys that are having that kind of frame...
So looks I will have to search for more m-frame pairs... :)

Back