• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Are the nosepads for the M2 replacable?

Nosepiece assemblies (rubber and clipping interface together) can be removed and replaced like they could on the M-Frame. They're not cross-compatible though. Some sets started showing up on eBay.

But there seems to be only one nosepiece design. I think the original M-Frame was like this too.

Ok, am I crazy or just wrong...... does the M2 not fit or feel the same as the regular M frame? I have been an M frame owner since 09. When I was shopping this summer I tried the M2 extensively at the O store and I just could not get to like them as much as the originals.

Ok, am I crazy or just wrong...... does the M2 not fit or feel the same as the regular M frame? I have been an M frame owner since 09. When I was shopping this summer I tried the M2 extensively at the O store and I just could not get to like them as much as the originals.

That was the point...sorta. Oakley was trying to make an evolution of the M-Frame as the thread title suggests. The wider stem surfaces and looser fit can make it feel loose to some. I personally cannot use the M2 over helmet straps, although I kinda get the whole point of shorter stems to help put on/remove the pair one-handed. Under helmet straps, the pair does just fine for me, although I would've liked a thicker nose piece option. Asian Fit pairs just opt for slimmer lenses with less of a curve iirc.

Kinda beating a dead horse, but I still think the M2 should've had locking stems or a Pro variant. Even in the interest of simplicity, locking stems wouldn't have made the pair bulkier.

I think the M2s sit lower or something. I just couldn't do it so I got a custom blue/white M frame (team colors) with ice iridium lenses. Sweet....

I have since sold my M2. Let that speak to my feelings for it. And my disappointment on the support and variations for the frame.

If they make a pro with long stems I might be back in the M2 game. Or if they make any bigger lenses. M2 XL might be something I dig, so long as they don't Radar XL it and just add height-over-nose.

So I finally got around to getting the M2... Tried on both the regular and Asian fit, ended up getting the Asian fit as the higher cut of the lens felt better and it did not touch my upper cheekbones like the regular one did. Went for the polished black with positive red iridium. Love the upgraded look of the frame over the previous M Frame. Will take some time to get used to the lens shape though, nonetheless, I'm loving it so far. First thing I noticed is that it feels a lot more comfortable than my 1999 M Frame....

15679301614_725ff60a82_c.jpg

16114341140_ab544bf014_c.jpg

16115863187_9a2d58a9d5_c.jpg

Kinda breathing new life into this thread. Does anyone know how the noses/angles of the M and M2 compare? I'm thinking of grabbing a Sweep lens.

Have no idea when this happened, but the Asian Fit lenses were added to the site (Black/Grey/Jade/Fire). I really don't want to fork $80 over an experiment, so I'm curious about the Sweep and finding it somewhere for cheap. I've seen an example of the fitting and it's pretty clean looking.

Latest Posts

Back