• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley M2 Frame

I do think the black and red color way looks pretty good on the website. I haven't seen it in person yet.

Rustpot, I'll give it a try tomorrow after my run.

Oh snap! The m frame expert is here!
I hardly qualify as 'expert' . Aficionado maybe.

I haven't been around much, but I've been keenly keeping an eye on the M2 stuff.

So far the lack of lens sizes is troubling, but I haven't been able to get a pair on my face to see if I feel the same as others about the lens shape. I have a bigger face and remain cautiously skeptical.

I'm not a fan of the frame colors and lens choices out of the gate, either. I would have liked to see more team colors to really cement this as a model in their sports lineup. I think the only pair I'd want is the black/black, but then it would need a matte paintjob. F**K polished frames. They're also $40 more than the standard M Frame was.

You make some good points. I would like to see a lens similar in shape to the heater lens. And you are correct, F**K polished frames! Matte black looks so much better!

As of now my Rep confirmed they are sticking to just 1 lens shape, maybe an XL could be in the future, who knows. Next year there may be 4 shapes. We never know until they want us to know. But I guess Oakleys R&D Dept has put a lot of time in making sure this lens shape will accommodate nearly any face type. But then again you can never say a 500 lb. man can wear the same thing a 155 lb. man can wear, we'll see in due time.

Great question on fitting M1 lenses in the M2 frame, I'll be sure to ask.

Might be a dumb question but does the fin on the side do anything? Looking through the first couple of photos it looked like it might have had a function.

The fin on the lens correct? Just to provide the most wrap and coverage possible. If it actually connected up to the frame at the furthest point it would not only look weird but make the hinge inoperable. Oakley is big on their sport glasses giving a great fit as well as a great wrap to provide the most coverage possible for sports. It not only has function but ads a bit of modern styling to it as well.

The fin on the lens correct? Just to provide the most wrap and coverage possible. If it actually connected up to the frame at the furthest point it would not only look weird but make the hinge inoperable. Oakley is big on their sport glasses giving a great fit as well as a great wrap to provide the most coverage possible for sports. It not only has function but ads a bit of modern styling to it as well.
I believe he's talking about the wing on the temple.

Looks like it's a separate piece and you can see it from the backside. Early speculation included it being a hinge lock to convert to a Pro frame (though unlikely), and it being removable for a slimmer fit or color coordination.

Latest Posts

Back