• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley M2 Frame

Not liking the lens shape at all though. The lens shape looks really awkward. Is it confirmed that the old lens from the M-Frame can fit on the M2?

Just tried it on today. As anticipated, I found the lens shape to be a very functional wrap. Would love this if it could be adapted to the Radarlock. Perhaps bigger faces would need something extended as Rustpot usually mentions.

However, with all due respect to owners, I didn't like the feel of the frame. Hinges don't lock - were in fact a bit loose -, no word of a Pro version (though that could change my mind), and it just feels cheap. Was comfortable and snug though on the face, and the stems were thicker than they look in pics.

Would the function be enough to go with it? Only if I had to. I can't see myself getting them for the sake of addition. I'd probably have chop do literal witchcraft on it to help with the texture.

Just tried it on today. As anticipated, I found the lens shape to be a very functional wrap. Would love this if it could be adapted to the Radarlock. Perhaps bigger faces would need something extended as Rustpot usually mentions.

However, with all due respect to owners, I didn't like the feel of the frame. Hinges don't lock - were in fact a bit loose -, no word of a Pro version (though that could change my mind), and it just feels cheap. Was comfortable and snug though on the face, and the stems were thicker than they look in pics.

Would the function be enough to go with it? Only if I had to. I can't see myself getting them for the sake of addition. I'd probably have chop do literal witchcraft on it to help with the texture.

Thanks for that.... I may want to try it on and get a feel of it first before deciding to make a purchase. Comparing it with the original M Frame, it just doesn't look as sleek as the original one did. Seeing as its an update or revamped version of the M Frame, I'm expecting it to be a lot more comfortable than the predecessor, perhaps somewhere along the comfort of a Radar.

I still love the original one...

12628878293_fe5357200e_c.jpg

Thanks for that.... I may want to try it on and get a feel of it first before deciding to make a purchase. Comparing it with the original M Frame, it just doesn't look as sleek as the original one did. Seeing as its an update or revamped version of the M Frame, I'm expecting it to be a lot more comfortable than the predecessor, perhaps somewhere along the comfort of a Radar.

I still love the original one...

12628878293_fe5357200e_c.jpg

That is actually a Gen 3 M Frame, not the original.

That is actually a Gen 3 M Frame, not the original.

I meant as in the previous M Frame design, which in this case is the 3rd Gen M Frame. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "original" in my previous post.. My bad ;)

In any case, the 3rd Gen M Frame just looks a lot more sleek than the M2. Not saying it doesn't look good. It looks good and unique. I may want to get it once I give it a try, provided it fits well. Just looking around the net for more photos of the M2. My target would be the carbon fiber frame. It would compliment my other carbon fiber printed frame of my Radar and M Frame :)

Back