• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Macallan "The Flask"

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Holy molly!! It was priced that high to begin with.
And at that I do not believe that MacCallan stepped up and bought the number that was initially identified as needed.
So call The Flask Oakley/MacCallan's Phaeton...

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I don't see pieces coming off the flask although it looks like it due to the big white knot attached to the tether. Agreed that there is a small flap of some sort on the bottom that comes loose when the flask is dropped directly on the edge- out of a helicopter.
I give it a passing grade but you won't see me dragging mine behind my turbo NSX at 150mph down the back straight at Mid-Ohio. Frankly I'm more worried about the doors on the Gullwing being open while drifting. I don't know if the hinges are attached more stoutly than the flask is built.
Seriously The Flask is an amazing piece, GLWS!

Start at 1:08 and about 1:10 or :11 you can see pieces of it coming off, unless that's the road. Not meaning to say its not an awesome piece I just don't understand the purpose of the video. Sorry again for having a discussion in your sale thread but it's a lot of free bumps and maybe will help the sale. It is a very cool piece and if I had an extra $1300 laying around I'd buy it.

Username Hidden said:
Start at 1:08 and about 1:10 or :11 you can see pieces of it coming off, unless that's the road. Not meaning to say its not an awesome piece I just don't understand the purpose of the video. Sorry again for having a discussion in your sale thread but it's a lot of free bumps and maybe will help the sale. It is a very cool piece and if I had an extra $1300 laying around I'd buy it.
I think the point of the video isn't to show that it can't be damaged, but to show the amount of damage it can take without any of the booze escaping.

Agree with @digi7alph0enix ..... not sure how many flasks could with stand this mich beating and still hold liquid! Straight beast!

Username Hidden said:
Start at 1:08 and about 1:10 or :11 you can see pieces of it coming off, unless that's the road.
I think that is road surface/ loose surface IMHO.

Username Hidden said:
I think the point of the video isn't to show that it can't be damaged, but to show the amount of damage it can take without any of the booze escaping.
+1

If only the bottle was included.....

Username Hidden said:
If only the bottle was included.....
Then it would be $1900.

Username Hidden said:
I don't see pieces coming off the flask although it looks like it due to the big white knot attached to the tether. Agreed that there is a small flap of some sort on the bottom that comes loose when the flask is dropped directly on the edge- out of a helicopter.
I give it a passing grade but you won't see me dragging mine behind my turbo NSX at 150mph down the back straight at Mid-Ohio. Frankly I'm more worried about the doors on the Gullwing being open while drifting. I don't know if the hinges are attached more stoutly than the flask is built.
Seriously The Flask is an amazing piece, GLWS!

Yea you might not see @CarGuy dragging it behind his nsx but you will see him smashing it through ice, snow and rocks behind his snowmobile

sold pending funds.

Username Hidden said:
sold pending funds.

Nice! Id love to have it but I just cant justify that price for piece such as a flask....but I have a C Six. Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.