• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mad Scientist Statue

Has anyone ever heard who Jim hired to make the sculpture? It could well be one of the employees, because if You're good enough to carve models it's not a stretch to do work like this. I worked with several artists at Josten's, where we made World Series and Superbowl rings. One of them carves cigar store Indians on the side, and gets big money for them at shows in Vegas. The Oakley artists may have carved this Mad Scientist. I love him. Gotta' have one.

I have a good friend who is a Bronze Sculptor. He is commissioned to make large, very realistic sculptures for Universties, places like Gettysburg, and the Little Bighorn. He could make this mold and make resin copies with his eyes closed. He doesn't paint anything that he does, but I could.

So are we actually going to try and make this happen or is this going to be one of those great ideas that disappear into a black hole somewhere?

Hell. If that never happened I'd already be time traveling with Bon Jovi and 300 groupies all through the freakin 80's...

I'd love to jump in on this if we can nail a cost down.

Back