• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman + Badman delivered today...???

I have it on good authority that the "tube-like" case for the Limited Madman is beyond awesome ... This person did send a few photos he took himself.

Well the "tube-like" case on the normal pair is cheap and doesn't even get close to awesome...

I believe the metal cases are for the limited ones who knows if those pair are serialed or not but that would reaaly suk big time if the only feature of the limited release is packaging and some stinky number that they call serial and same materials which gossip wise same materials.

Yes, the grey and black plastic tube is the "normal" packaging and the aluminium one is only for the LE(s).

Loose fit was described in the other thread, too. Becoming more convinced O-Matter was just a production-cost measure because fit would've been the only other strategic use imo. I would believe OP that there's maybe too much hype coming with the un-ordinary aesthetic we liken to vintage Oakley design, and the way the term "X-metal" is being played with...on top of the fact fans have been yearning for something vaguely resembling a premium pair again. We really shouldn't be so quick to believe anything weird-looking is going to translate into awesome. Let's not overlook that O-Luminum is involved, not Ti.

I'm kinda going on a limb here, may even embarrassingly eat my words if I get one of these pairs, but O might just be pulling our legs. I felt that way about the CB - being the company's way to say "well here's a carbon" pair when it didn't seem all that clever of a design - especially when Ray Ban already had a comparable pair. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Badman and Madman look cool at least, but looking at the assembly and few reviews it's sounding like they're setting up people for disappointment with that price tag.

Loose fit was described in the other thread, too. Becoming more convinced O-Matter was just a production-cost measure because fit would've been the only other strategic use imo. I would believe OP that there's maybe too much hype coming with the un-ordinary aesthetic we liken to vintage Oakley design, and the way the term "X-metal" is being played with...on top of the fact fans have been yearning for something vaguely resembling a premium pair again. We really shouldn't be so quick to believe anything weird-looking is going to translate into awesome. Let's not overlook that O-Luminum is involved, not Ti.

I'm kinda going on a limb here, may even embarrassingly eat my words if I get one of these pairs, but O might just be pulling our legs. I felt that way about the CB - being the company's way to say "well here's a carbon" pair when it didn't seem all that clever of a design - especially when Ray Ban already had a comparable pair. Don't get me wrong, I still think the Badman and Madman look cool at least, but looking at the assembly and few reviews it's sounding like they're setting up people for disappointment with that price tag.

Very well put...

Latest Posts

Back