• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman/Badman not entirely metal (reasons to be thankful)

correct. He got lazy with the bottom screws as they seemed insignificant at the time. IIRC they were T6 for upper screws and T5 for lower screws? Or maybe it was the T3-ish screws for the side arms that confused me?

He unscrewed the torx @ top nose bridge and gently lifted it up to free some room to pop out the lens like with all the old metals. Apparently the strength he was accustomed to with the old metals (ie. muscle memory) was incompatible with the new metals. Next thing he knew the thing snapped at the lower nose bridge as that's the thinnest strip of Alu connecting to the o-matter nose bridge.

I'm just grateful I spent my money on old metals than the new ones :)

If I'm not mistaken the whole frame comes apart more like a Romeo.

Correct - that was user error. You have to remove both upper and lower screws, then the nosebridge kinda rotates out and frees the lens.

With madman both upper and lower screws are T6. I would assume badman is the same but I can't check a pair to confirm.

Anybody who thinks the mad/badman neXt-metals have anything in common with original x-metals other than a marketing name deserves whatever consequences may arise.

They're fine glasses, just a different product.

This sucks... Would they still warranty the frame you think? I know its user error but maybe they may warranty it and replace?

He got a happy ending after some pleas (perhaps with tears?) of mercy

I just found the whole thing amusing.

He got a happy ending after some pleas (perhaps with tears?) of mercy

I just found the whole thing amusing.
Well I'm glad they took care of it for him! I most certainly wouldn't treat them like the old metals, they definitely have a different design. Love the lenses though! Can't wait to get a polar sapphire badman lens to have cut for a Julie!

Back