• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman Doubt

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
Hi again,
A friend of mine decided to buy a set of Madmans through an internet site and while the frame seems original, the lenses don't. I don't recall seeing a madman with blue lenses (ice iridium is what they appear to be), Could you help me out and see if the lenses are OEM?
Thanks
pd. no box or tube were included in the sale

x.png

x2.png

x3.png

Hmmm that stem looks pretty bent out of shape when folded. Are you sure the frame is authentic? I dont really pay attention to these "xmetals".

I haven't seen them in person, but the pictures say a lot. He paid close to $150 usd and I do believe he got robbed big time, but since I'm no expert in this model, I hope you experts can figure out their authenticity.

Hmmm that stem looks pretty bent out of shape when folded. Are you sure the frame is authentic? I dont really pay attention to these "xmetals".

I agree, though it could just be the angle he has them laying at for the pic. I've got several of these and they don't look like that when folded.

I hope he didn't get jacked.

I can't quite tell from the photos -- is there an Oakley "O" logo on the leading edge of the temples, just behind where the temple pulls away from the frame when you fold it? All the Oakley Madman frames I have seen display the Oakley logo there. In the second photo, I don't see any "O" on the left temple.

Do they have a return policy, because I would be returning them immediately. Most counterfeiters would probably rather lose a sale than be widely exposed as counterfeiters. They probably have a lot invested in their website. He can try anyway. All he has to lose is a worthless pair of glasses.

I honestly don't know where he bought it from, but I'll tell him to play it safe and return them. They seemed sketchy to me but due to the lens color he thought these were some type of "special edition" madman. I guess he needs more Oakley insight hehe.
Thank you all for the replies,he will be disappointed, but at least he'll know the truth

Lense color isn't origional. That is for sure. If the frame is all one piece, and the orbital screws as well as the earstem screws are not t6, you have yourself a counterfeit frame as well. Best of luck.

Back