• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MadMan email from ShadeStation

Very exciting stuff! I am sure his has been talked about but it seems strange the bridge is made up of an acrylic material? Like a blend of magnesium and plastic... I can't wait to handle one of these things :)

"like some of Oakley's most sought after sunglasses; Romeo and Juliet, the Oakley Madman sunglasses feature a X Metal frame too."

"Oakley Madman sunglasses feature round lenses boasted by a ultra thin X Metal frame..."

Lies!!! ;)

Very exciting stuff! I am sure his has been talked about but it seems strange the bridge is made up of an acrylic material? Like a blend of magnesium and plastic... I can't wait to handle one of these things :)

Best info is the nosebridge and part of the earstems are o-matter (plastic) while the metal parts are aluminum.

Apparently using o-matter in those parts is supposed to provide flex instead of the fancy flex couplers and t-shocks or spring hinges in real x-metals...

Best info is the nosebridge and part of the earstems are o-matter (plastic) while the metal parts are aluminum.

Apparently using o-matter in those parts is supposed to provide flex instead of the fancy flex couplers and t-shocks or spring hinges in real x-metals...
I figured it would be O-matter. Interesting take on the O-matter being able to flex and that being the "flex coupler"... To many questions!!!!!

On a zlightly related zubject, zince theze have a daily prizm option... :D

I know prizm is supposed to perform over a wider range of light conditions than the legacy lenses, but has anyone actually seen light transmission % specs for them?

Saw these up on their site yesterday, they do look good.

So they have an aluminium and O matter frame is that correct?

Might have to blind order a set probably be ages before they're available here in Aus

I thought it was decided a while back these would be magnesium... I think aluminum will be better... Good enought for a c six... Good enough for me :)

I thought it was decided a while back these would be magnesium... I think aluminum will be better... Good enought for a c six... Good enough for me :)

Early rumors were magnesium but after some pairs starting making rounds it was clarified that it's aluminum by some very reliable sources.

Magnesium is light, 33% lighter than aluminum and 60% lighter than titanium, but earlier mag frames had brittleness and corrosion problems. Aluminum may be lighter than titanium and easier to mold but it's not as strong.

But they're doing all sorts of neat things with alloys these days so there no real telling...

Back