1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. TheWannaBe

TheWannaBe The O-Warrior Premium Member

Very exciting stuff! I am sure his has been talked about but it seems strange the bridge is made up of an acrylic material? Like a blend of magnesium and plastic... I can't wait to handle one of these things :)

3. gs300

gs300 Oakley Collector

Sweet can't wait for release in US time to get with my hookup hehe

4. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

"like some of Oakley's most sought after sunglasses; Romeo and Juliet, the Oakley Madman sunglasses feature a X Metal frame too."

"Oakley Madman sunglasses feature round lenses boasted by a ultra thin X Metal frame..."

Lies!!! ;)

mjt42 and TheWannaBe like this.
  5. kronin323

Best info is the nosebridge and part of the earstems are o-matter (plastic) while the metal parts are aluminum.

Apparently using o-matter in those parts is supposed to provide flex instead of the fancy flex couplers and t-shocks or spring hinges in real x-metals...

6. TheWannaBe

I figured it would be O-matter. Interesting take on the O-matter being able to flex and that being the "flex coupler"... To many questions!!!!!

7. kronin323

On a zlightly related zubject, zince theze have a daily prizm option... :D

I know prizm is supposed to perform over a wider range of light conditions than the legacy lenses, but has anyone actually seen light transmission % specs for them?

8. SNAFU

SNAFU Oakley Collector

Saw these up on their site yesterday, they do look good.

So they have an aluminium and O matter frame is that correct?

Might have to blind order a set probably be ages before they're available here in Aus

9. TheWannaBe

I thought it was decided a while back these would be magnesium... I think aluminum will be better... Good enought for a c six... Good enough for me :)

10. kronin323

Early rumors were magnesium but after some pairs starting making rounds it was clarified that it's aluminum by some very reliable sources.

Magnesium is light, 33% lighter than aluminum and 60% lighter than titanium, but earlier mag frames had brittleness and corrosion problems. Aluminum may be lighter than titanium and easier to mold but it's not as strong.

But they're doing all sorts of neat things with alloys these days so there no real telling...