• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman glasses

i did notice that the stand has been adapted so that the madman pairs (madmen?) don't sit on the of inside of the nose bridge but on the nose rubbers. great idea!

Sorry late to the party...

The plastic stand is nice displaying the 1st batch of X-Metals since the nose bridge sits well on the front part of the layer, but for the madman it is not the case. It seems you put something to the front part of the layer so that the madman will sit "properly" on the display stand. I will assume it is made of rubber/ plastic so not to damage/scratch/whatever the frame.

EDIT: I see that @mjt42 posted a message similar to mine.

Correct!

The high nosebridge of the madman makes them normally sit much lower, angled down, which doesn't balance right with other pairs on a multi-tiered stand.

Esteemed member @qtrain23 designed and built these adapters for me with his 3D printer. I had envisioned some sort of riser for a nosebridge rest, but his design was much more elegant. They could still use a tiny bit more refinement, they sit a hair too high, but are 98% there and I can mod these myself if/when I get around to it.

Super mucho thanks to Q for taking the time to design and print these things for me. :drinks:

20151209_204349.jpg

If I recall, that was a Dr Chop job.

I was thinking Chop, should have mentioned it.

Correct!

The high nosebridge of the madman makes them normally sit much lower, angled down, which doesn't balance right with other pairs on a multi-tiered stand.

Esteemed member @qtrain23 designed and built these adapters for me with his 3D printer. I had envisioned some sort of riser for a nosebridge rest, but his design was much more elegant. They could still use a tiny bit more refinement, they sit a hair too high, but are 98% there and I can mod these myself if/when I get around to it.

Super mucho thanks to Q for taking the time to design and print these things for me. :drinks:

View attachment 204682

Nice set up. Thanks for the close up. My tiny screen did not allow me to see such details. Lol.

Correct!

View attachment 204682
What a great idea, I noticed this issue with my madman too, but was to lazy to search for a solution! Respect, it's brilliant and simple.

Back