1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Duke22

Duke22 Oakley Beginner

Hoping one of the Magnesium experts can jump in here. I am contemplating buying a pair of Mag Four's, but can't seem to find any specs in the width of the frame, lenses bridge etc. Did some searching here, and definately ruled out the 4S as to small. Have a fairly large nogging, 7 5/8" hat and am worried the Mag Fours may not be a wide enough frame. For comparison, my X Squared are about as small a frame as I can comfortably where. Eyepatch 2, Pit Bull, Deviation, Plaintiff Squared all fit well. If the Mag Four is too small, is there another magnesium frame I should be looking at. At help appreciated. Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

The mag four is the smallest. I tried to put a pair one time. If you can't wear a pair of O-matter fives, you won't do well with the four. Most of us on here have a hard time wearing them. The mag switches are going to be slightly larger, and the mag M-frame will be your largest fitting frame. Those are a bit harder to get your hands on, but if you are determined, you can find one. Unfortunately I don't know size dimensions of any of the mag frames.

Duke22 likes this.
  3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Not much difference between the Four and Four S. Slightly smaller and more rounded lenses/orbitals.

Duke22 likes this.
  4. Duke22

Duke22 Oakley Beginner

Thanks guys, just the answers I was seeking. Sounds like I better hold out for a Mag M frame.

5. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

You and me both. I've been hunting for a deal on a Mag M for a little while. Not interested in paying north of $200.

6. Duke22

Duke22 Oakley Beginner

I saw there were a few pair on the Bay. All $300.+ Not sure if I want them that bad, and the only pair I see BNIB is $700. To steep for me!

7. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Go for the Mag Switch!