• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Four S

Dylanismyname

Oakley Enthusiast
Bought this off Ebay a few weeks ago, and it arrived today, it was meant to be a bit of a project but the condition is better than i anticipated, the lenses are a little rough but im not certain that theyre original anyway, so ill replace them. My Oakley Book also arrived yesterday, that is an impressive piece. Very impressed by it.
20161019_173745.jpg

Does anyone happen to know, did the original lenses on a mag four s have a "magnesium" etching on one of the lenses? Many thanks!

Bought this off Ebay a few weeks ago, and it arrived today, it was meant to be a bit of a project but the condition is better than i anticipated, the lenses are a little rough but im not certain that theyre original anyway, so ill replace them. My Oakley Book also arrived yesterday, that is an impressive piece. Very impressed by it.
View attachment 286971
Does anyone happen to know, did the original lenses on a mag four s have a "magnesium" etching on one of the lenses? Many thanks!

I believe that's a no on the Four S. However there is an Magnesium etching on the Mag Switch, the only one being for the Dark Carbide / Black Iridium.

Edit: sorry, my memory isn't the best and my Switches are up in the loft so not the easiest to access. Having rummaged on Google, it would appear that the Copper / Ice also has the etching, but I'm pretty sure the Fire didn't.

Last edited:
View attachment 286971
No etching on the lenses bro.