• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Four vs. Four lenses. HELP!

Brian Nickell

I should Work at Oakley
I'm big into Fours right now and I have a pair of both O-Matter and Mags. I thought I'd do a little experiment to see if the lenses could be swapped. Logic says they're interchangeable right? Wrong! The O-Matter Four lens oddly enough is cut differently and won't fit the Mag Four and vice versa. So now I'm back to the same place I've been for a while now; I need to know what the base curve of the O-Matter Four and the Mag Four are so that I can custom cut my own lenses to fit both frames. I know absolutely that they aren't an 8.75 like Flak Jackets, etc. are and it doesn't appear that they're a 6 either provided that the Garage Rock is that base curve. Can someone help? I need to find the right donor lens to do this!

Ironically after receiving word from Oakley HQ I have learned the the Four is a base 4 lens! Does anyone know of a donor lens out there that is a base 4 lens???

Bumping this up. Does anyone know of a base 4 donor lens? I've got a number of Four frames now that I want to custom cut lenses for but I don't know what donor to use! HELP!

Back