• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch Custom Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WavecloudCustoms

Wavecloud Customs dot com
Oxford UK
Hi folks

I picked up some Mag Switch the other day.

They are Fire Iridium with the pearl white finish. Not sure what its called?

Anyway, they are a bit battered but solid.

Thinking of doing my first proper custom job but need ideas?

I was thinking, bead blast to bare metal?

Not sure about how to replace lenses?

Any ideas will be highly appreciated..

:)

You can't bead blast to the bare magnesium, too soft and corrodes to easy that's why it was ceramic coated. I think cerakoted would work.

ccl does a great job on the cerakote. You should contact them, Also there will be another group buy in a couple of weeks so you can get in on that too!! And you can get them completed in less than a week.

Last edited:
Doc Chop could chime in when he gets back, but he redid my mag m frames and they came out perfect!

Doc Chop could chime in when he gets back, but he redid my mag m frames and they came out perfect!
I have stopped chiming in here. Too many hacks and stuff out here anymore. Sure, cerakote is a great and viable option as clearly your Mag M Frame benefited from, but the Switch is a beast all to itself due to the lens issue. I have also painted Mag frames as well, so either coating is certainly an option. Up to the OP to decide which way to go and how wild to go with it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back