• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch Custom Job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so I'm clear, the lens issue isn't specific to Mag Switches?
yes, Mag switch has a huge lens issue...It's called "you can't remove them without damaging something". They weren't designed to be removed, so you either have to stress them terribly to get em out and it will trash the mirror coating, or you have to essentially cut them. Either way, they will require replacement, which means you now will need a replacement set cut. I don't believe anyone is making them ebay or elsewhere to where they would be readily available. You can't mask them and cerakote it either. The heat required to cure will tear em up. No way around replacing the lenses if you choose to refinish the frame.

Take a look and see the link to my repair/restoration folder on facebook. There is a Mag Switch that was re-sprayed pearl white, although hard to tell cuz my pix weren't as good then as they are now. There is also the Mag M Frame I restored in Cerakote for @doowutchyalike
Retoration/Repair | Facebook

Sure, and that's all fine except when said person(s) pull shady backdoor sniping crap and nothing is done about it. But hey, all is fair, right? Having admin/staff in said position is also a hell of a conflict of interest, but hey, that's all good too, right? No worries to me, luckily enough I am plenty busy outside of all this to not have to rely on it to feed my family and not my hobby like I once did. Either way, someone mentioned me and spoke and speak for myself and business rather than use a shill or puppet to do my bidding. Have a nice evening...
I thought you said exactly this, tell me if I'm wrong "I have stopped chiming in here. Too many hacks and stuff out here anymore. Sure, cerakote is a great and viable option as clearly your Mag M Frame benefited from, but the Switch is a beast all to itself due to the lens issue. I have also painted Mag frames as well, so either coating is certainly an option. Up to the OP to decide which way to go and how wild to go with it lol."

I thought you said exactly this, tell me if I'm wrong "I have stopped chiming in here. Too many hacks and stuff out here anymore. Sure, cerakote is a great and viable option as clearly your Mag M Frame benefited from, but the Switch is a beast all to itself due to the lens issue. I have also painted Mag frames as well, so either coating is certainly an option. Up to the OP to decide which way to go and how wild to go with it lol."
I think you misunderstood what was being said clearly. Regardless, it is of no worry. I will say it loud n clear though: anyone who needs a puppet to do his backdoor sniping, shady dealing, and underhanded crap ranks about as low in my book as a turd I the bowl. Now, if you got something to say, you may wanna pm me with it, otherwise, your signatures and bs attempts at messing with me mean about as little as your hack quality hydro crap I have had the joys of refinishing. Ya, the quality has spoken, and I have had the joys of handling them first hand.

I think you misunderstood what was being said clearly. Regardless, it is of no worry. I will say it loud n clear though: anyone who needs a puppet to do his backdoor sniping, shady dealing, and underhanded crap ranks about as low in my book as a turd I the bowl. Now, if you got something to say, you may wanna pm me with it, otherwise, your signatures and bs attempts at messing with me mean about as little as your hack quality hydro crap I have had the joys of refinishing. Ya, the quality has spoken, and I have had the joys of handling them first hand.
Was not ours you were handling, it was the ones we have handled as well, Being from another company maybe you should do your research first before saying we do crappy work, we have seen your work and are not trying to steal business, your work is actually good and we appreciate any one that has taken their time to work with Oakley lovers. as far as we are concerned nobody is stealing any business, people choose based on past work and friends suggestions. there is enough work for everybody to stay busy, some busier and faster than others but enough work to be spread around.

Was not ours you were handling, it was the ones we have handled as well, Being from another company maybe you should do your research first before saying we do crappy work, we have seen your work and are not trying to steal business, your work is actually good and we appreciate any one that has taken their time to work with Oakley lovers. as far as we are concerned nobody is stealing any business, people choose based on past work and friends suggestions. there is enough work for everybody to stay busy, some busier and faster than others but enough work to be spread around.
I won't argue it with you. It was in fact 100% your hydro job that I fixed, it was part of the group buy setup by the front person you use here. Sorry, my research not only was done, but accurate. Anyone can have a bad batch or day though.

As far as the rest is concerned, I approached you point blank when I saw you join as to the issues of your puppet manipulating the voting in the cerakote gallery, and I got no response. It was so bad and blatant that cerakote themselves revamped the entire gallery site, and this I was made aware of by the Web designer himself. Sorry, again, my research is there. I also told you in the pm that I get a lot of inquiries regarding hydro and offering to forward to you, but it too went unresponsive. Now, to directly address the stealing, it was brought to my attention by a few members here that someone who was working with you "puppet" was contacting people who posted interest in my cerakote offer thread. This again wasn't an inquiry I initiated, rather several interested parties asking what the deal was. As you can clearly see, yes, there is plenty to go around and I also stated that in my pm to you, enough in fact that shady dealings aren't needed.

Now as for your little signature snubs, it's quite fine. I had the Google part in mine from day 1 of the new design of the forum and never directed it to anyone. It actually was as such because the forum rules had been no Web site addresses in signatures unless you were a sponsoring member, which I wasn't. I was merely adhering to the rules. I modified when I saw your futile attempt at a cheap shot about times.

Yes, I am backed up regularly. Why? Because the volume is that high for me as an individual rather than a full shop. Not a bad problem for me, but sometimes is for others. Difference is, I don't do 1-2 things, I do tons. I paint, was cutting lenses, airbrush, cerakote, do shades, guns, car parts, baseball helmets, tattoo guns, and more. So ya, I get pretty busy. I underestimated the holiday season based on the previous years volume. I am also juggling several outside business accounts as well, manage my site, social media, emails, phone calls, orders, supply runs, equipment maintenance, and my family. Yes, by myself. So when anyone wants to gripe, it is understood, but also taken accordingly. Some people wait and appreciate the end results, others complain more. It's all relative. My jobs aren't simple one color or 2 color jobs, not dips, and not batch runs. Most of my stuff is one off custom requests that I either have to design, create stencils for base work, and implement (which I don't charge any setup fees for like most businesses do) and I have to make them all work. There is no wrap on mine to be removed if I screw up, I have to fix it or replace it. Hydro and cerakote can be removed and start over.

Like I said, pm would certainly alleviate any animosity, but mine went unresponded to, and now I have to post up facts. I don't come out like this unless cornered and required to. Unfortunately the op's post and thread has been taken drastically off track, and probably should just be locked. Once again, my pm inbox isn't remotely full, so anyone who needs, knows how to find me, or better yet, email me. Sorry for the thread being turned into a pissing contest, certainly not my intent.

Its truly a shame when the site administrator asks people to get back on topic and members fail to do this. I can't figure out why we still would like to show ignorance to prove some point here. When we get to the bottom line, all members see is blatant disregard for the site and its administrator. What level of maturity does this show others? That we can argue about petty stuff? If you want to continue this, then handle it by PM. It's unfortunate I have to lock this thread because members don't know when to get back to the topic. For the OP, I have to apologize the thread has to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back