• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch frame repair???

Trust me, I know. I'm so sad they ended up the way they did. I want them repaired so badly which is why I reached out in this thread.

Trust me, I know. I'm so sad they ended up the way they did. I want them repaired so badly which is why I reached out in this thread.
One to consider OP is cost, I seen some switches going from about 100-150 on the forums in pretty good condition ...

Fixing those might cost about hat or more with shipping, maybe new lenses etc...

They definitely will need new lenses but the frame is a wreck. I love them so much but I hate that this frame went to hell. If the cost to fix offsets their value I'm in. I just don't want to scrap them. It's a crime!

We'll let the x-man chime in for the final word but I think it's time to face reality - I did some forum browsing on the topic and these are a really tough pair to work with - even after all the labor to clean off that epoxy, especially from the inside of the nosebridge, chances are slim they'd be repairable... facts are that replacement is the best fiscal and realistic option...

Even better, replace them with some Juliets! :D

BTW when I said "good luck on the 12th", I meant against Oregon, if that wasn't obvious... ;)

I'd say it's not really worth even trying honestly. It appears to be corroded and the ceramic mantle as they called it, is dissolving or something. I have seen several that have that happen where it gets chalky yet gooey and you can scrape it off. either find another busted one with a bad hinge or shot lenses and part em, or maybe mold one from a different material...I won't touch em though, beyond my scope of ability no doubt. good luck though

Last edited:
Back