• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mag Switch

Yeti

Frostmonkey
Staff member
Calgary Alberta
IMG_20130102_160323.jpg

$20 local deal. Also got him to throw in a womans pair he was selling.

A little rough in a few spots but much better than most floating around these days.

They are small for me, but I've always loved the look and regret selling my Pearl pair a couple years back.

Nice! ....seems like all the good Alberta deals have been in Calgary lately. It's like the Oakley gods know that I'm not on the road these days!

I'd say so. A little loose, some peeling by the nose bombs and a few scratches on the lenses, but mint compared to what's being shopped on eBay lately.

good find man. clean out any parts that are peeling with warm water n soap (standard procedure) and dry thoroughly... that'll stop further corrosion. good luck!

remember -water is not the main problem.. sweat and oils are!

Why isn't there more interest in the Magnesium? I remember when they came out, I thought they were slick then, I still do...just curious. I saw something mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago a "problem with magnesium frames", and BriP mentions above that sweat and oils are a problem. I'm assuming the two comments are related to why the line went away possibly.

After seeing these, man,..so cool, the nose bridge is very reminiscent of the x metal styling. I may need to add them to the ol' wish list.

They were released with the penny- same technology- flex couplers and spring hinges. And yes, i think they expected the ceramic coating to protect the magnesium more than it actually did... So that killed it. I like em but the corrosion just sucks. Rather get an xmetal..

Back