1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Holbrook7

Holbrook7 Oakley Beginner

What's story on these found a pair on Craigslist for 240$ like to add them because they look cool. But I'd like to know more about them before I buy just because they look cool.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Stolen from O-review:

If you do end up buying them, make sure the lenses are in good condition. IIRC, the standard M Frame lenses won't work on the Mag M Frames and Oakley no longer sells the them.
  3. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

They're M-Frames with a different lens shape that I believe was more prone to breaking, with a frame that was heavier than the plastic version, and more prone to breaking, harder to swap lenses, much more expensive....

Why'd they stop making these? Oh, right.

The huge benefit to the M-Frame is that it's bendy and wraps your head like crazy. Now make that out of metal...
  4. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

really cool display piece.. thats about it.
  5. RetinaBurn

RetinaBurn Oakley Enthusiast

Very cool piece of Oakley history, how many other companies made sunglasses out of magnesium? Truly ahead of it's time and not that much heavier than the O Matter verision. O Matter with Sweep lens-25.4 grams VS. Mag with a Hybrid lens-29.6 grams. Lenses are very hard to come by and usually ask crazy money for them. Still a nice add if you don't plan to wear them a lot. Lenses are difficult to change, but you just have to be careful.