1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oaks & Dawgs

Oaks & Dawgs Oakley Expert Premium Member

Living in rural south GA we have very limited options in what local dealers do carry Oakley, usually just gascans, fuel cells, a few flak 2.0 and a few radars. Consequently I don't get to see all the new stuff in person unless we find a store when we travel. Well a couple weekends ago I went to a Sunglass Hut and got to try on some pairs and check some stuff out.

I really liked the Mainlink and the Tincan Carbon. I finally got to see a woodgrain holbrook in person and immediately fell in love with them. Needless to say I got on ebay and started lookin for deals.

I scored a new without box Tincan ($109) with cip lenses, a woodgrain Holbrook frame only ($55) for which I bought some Ikon chrome polars ($35) and a new without box Mainlink with bip lenses ($99). The Tincan isn't the new carbon so I'm probably gonna get one of those too shortly, but I did just miss out on a Tinfoil I was bidding on today. A few Tinfoil Carbons are being watched so one will be added shortly. All in all I'm thrilled with my score and it didn't hurt the ol wallet too bad.

While I was at it I scored a new with box Conquest black frame with bip for my wife for $75. She isn't as excited as I am but she likes em. Didn't hurt that I got her something too ;). Now I gotta decide which ones I'm gonna wear tomorrow :cool-20:
    Mailbox was full today! - 0928162144.jpg Mailbox was full today! - 0928162145a.jpg Mailbox was full today! - 0928162145.jpg Mailbox was full today! - 0928162207.jpg Mailbox was full today! - 0928162208.jpg

Mailbox was full today! - 0928162145.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Congrats. :)

Oaks & Dawgs likes this.
  3. dh4645

dh4645 Oakley Expert

I have a lot of different styles (basically just started collecting last year), but of all the ones you mentioned, I really love my tincan carbons & how light they are.

Oaks & Dawgs likes this.
  4. Oaks & Dawgs

I'm looking for a Tincan Carbon right now as I type this. The carbon earstems are more flexible and look way cooler but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the ones in the pic

dh4645 likes this.
  5. dh4645

dh4645 Oakley Expert

I think I paid $150 new for my tincan carbon titanium polarized off amazon (through backcountry) last year.

They had the 00 red at the same price, so thinking back I wish I would have got them, but at that time I thought paying $150 for sunglasses was nuts. Ha.

Last edited: 9/28/16
    Oaks & Dawgs likes this.
  6. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

awesome

Oaks & Dawgs likes this.
  7. Oaks & Dawgs

Lol...little did you know

8. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Congrats, nice pick ups!

Oaks & Dawgs likes this.
  9. Oaks in the backwoods

Oaks in the backwoods Oakley Beginner

Oaks & Dawgs likes this.
  10. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice grabs dude! Especially the gift for the Mrs...good thinking!

...And I'm going to call you wearing the Brooks today....cause deep down you're a Brooks guy like me.
    ;)

Oaks & Dawgs likes this.