• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Maintenance of Split Jacket

Joseaznag

I should Work at Oakley
Hello people
finaly i put my hand on a pair of 009099 02 Split jacket
When i see this sunglasses when i travel trough ebay i love and i keep interest to buy them knowing they are not still available anymore and they cost on ebay more than 100 $
i wait wait and i found them on a portuguese web site of second hand sells.

I put my hand on a this new pair for 50€ , it was a bargain and they are new , even if they are for sports i love them for casual style and this colour is great for that .
Other day i found a pair of eyepatch 1 for 10 € like new lol , one pair of twenty XX for another 10 € and the half jacket 1.0 for the same price very good conditions , just need the rubbers nose for the XX and the half Jacket .....
Greattttttttttttttttt!!

Talking again about the Split Jacket for what they say on ebay this colour is rare!!!
i dont know if it is rare or not but i love them .

My quetion is this :
I always wash my sunglasses on the end of the day because i pass many grease to the lens because my eyebrows are in contact with lens .

Like this and straight Jackets they have a screw
Do you people think this screw will become rust washing them with water .
Maybe its better wash just the lenses right???

20160527_214144.jpg

20160527_214151.jpg

That part your speaking of is aluminum. The front bolt position is plastic. So essentially it's a plastic threaded bolt which screws into an aluminum T nut. You good to wash them.

Sent from my X Metal iPhone

Hello people
finaly i put my hand on a pair of 009099 02 Split jacket
When i see this sunglasses when i travel trough ebay i love and i keep interest to buy them knowing they are not still available anymore and they cost on ebay more than 100 $
i wait wait and i found them on a portuguese web site of second hand sells.

I put my hand on a this new pair for 50€ , it was a bargain and they are new , even if they are for sports i love them for casual style and this colour is great for that .
Other day i found a pair of eyepatch 1 for 10 € like new lol , one pair of twenty XX for another 10 € and the half jacket 1.0 for the same price very good conditions , just need the rubbers nose for the XX and the half Jacket .....
Greattttttttttttttttt!!

Talking again about the Split Jacket for what they say on ebay this colour is rare!!!
i dont know if it is rare or not but i love them .

My quetion is this :
I always wash my sunglasses on the end of the day because i pass many grease to the lens because my eyebrows are in contact with lens .

Like this and straight Jackets they have a screw
Do you people think this screw will become rust washing them with water .
Maybe its better wash just the lenses right???

View attachment 251464

View attachment 251465

Check your pm messages for helpful info.

I'm following u now. I'm usually the only one to wear mine from the beginning and don't usually need to clean. But I can see where that makes sense.

That part your speaking of is aluminum. The front bolt position is plastic. So essentially it's a plastic threaded bolt which screws into an aluminum T nut. You good to wash them.

Sent from my X Metal iPhone
ok if it is aluminium i think it dunt rust ya
thanks i will continue wash them with water and soap with the lens on , because i dont want to be always taking out the lens and maneuver too much the frames
i want they last for years

I'm following u now. I'm usually the only one to wear mine from the beginning and don't usually need to clean. But I can see where that makes sense.

i have a problem with my hijinx polarized black iridium so now i always clean my lenses in the end of the day
my hijinx lenses start to peeling and it was on the top on lenses where my eyebrows touch and put some oil
so its a rule for me , wash lenses every day with neutal ph soap , i dont use the oakley clean liquid , i dont tink it is necessary and i keep my lenses
pristine with no scratches .
i only have problem on that hijinx lenses but i keep the rule of cleaning lenses always when i use them
this is therpoblem i have with my hijinx lenses :

https://m.facebook.com/Oakley/posts/10150285774517749

Latest Posts

Back