• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Make chrome disappear. Custom help

theDisruptive_One

I should Work at Oakley
Hotlanta, GA
I have a potential project pair of Tinfoils that I want to make IH themed. The frames are chrome and I need to make that go away but I'm not sure what's the best way to make that happen. Ultimately I want them a matte grey, carbon or "x-metal" type color. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, recommendations or even know any members who do custom work that may be willing to possibly take this on. Thanks everybody
-P.S. Anyone who does custom work willing to do this PM me with a price and time frame and I'll get back to you after the holidays. Thanks again

If it's SS then it can be done into dark grey like XM grey. However with the Hollow point hinge I'm not sure if that can be taken apart and reassembled easily. Furthermore iirc the frame has a few bolts holding it together rather than using screws?

Reckon you're better off just hand-sand the chrome bits and spray paint them yourself

If it's SS then it can be done into dark grey like XM grey. However with the Hollow point hinge I'm not sure if that can be taken apart and reassembled easily. Furthermore iirc the frame has a few bolts holding it together rather than using screws?

Reckon you're better off just hand-sand the chrome bits and spray paint them yourself
Thanks. I'll have to check on what's holding them together. It looks like I'm leaning towards the hand sanding and painting myself

Back