• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Making Up For Lost Time In 2013 And Onward

Ah, that makes a lot more sense.

If you can, get a 3.0 frame. Same as the 2.0, but they're made without rubber on the stems and a tighter wrap. I like wearing them a lot more, they fit under hats and ear protection a lot better. A little more difficult to put on one-handed is all.

thanks ill look into the 3.0, I think the m frames are so underrate and yet they are used a lot by atheletes right? I like frames that wrap my face, the less light, the better I can see what little I can.sigh............................btw I talked with an O rep a month back, and she mentioned something about bringing back a mframe retro type deal and calling it m2 or something like that.......she said it would be out soon maybe this quarter of 2014 idk? cant wait tho :)

edit-

can you please tell me what version this is? I ordered these back in Oct., but they don't show up in order history. what version is this? thanks

Last edited:
I don't see a picture.

Yes, the M2 is coming out soon. February or March I think? Only one lens shape right now, and no backwards compatibility with existing lenses, disappointingly. But one of the stock colors is carbon fiber with ice, so I might go for it as long as the frame isn't blue accented to hell.

I enjoy the M Frame for its pure utility. Light, superb coverage, unimpaired field of view, highly adaptable. I could go on, but I gush over them far too often around here.

Yes, lots of use in pro sports. They've been usurped by the Radar line, probably because that's what Oakley provides and is their top sports model. The M Frame has been unofficially dead for a few years now, and this year has seen the final discontinuation of most retail pairs. Of course the industrial and the military pairs will soldier on, so there's that. The Radar is a better looking package. They're improved over the M Frame in certain ways. But from a pure performance standpoint you won't convince me the M Frame isn't superior.

Which is probably why the M Frame has been around just shy of 25 years and is getting a full body-off resto and reboot. My only fear is that they'll take the aspects that were good and carry them over, and miss the subtle nuances that made them great.

I don't see a picture.

Yes, the M2 is coming out soon. February or March I think? Only one lens shape right now, and no backwards compatibility with existing lenses, disappointingly. But one of the stock colors is carbon fiber with ice, so I might go for it as long as the frame isn't blue accented to hell.

I enjoy the M Frame for its pure utility. Light, superb coverage, unimpaired field of view, highly adaptable. I could go on, but I gush over them far too often around here.

Yes, lots of use in pro sports. They've been usurped by the Radar line, probably because that's what Oakley provides and is their top sports model. The M Frame has been unofficially dead for a few years now, and this year has seen the final discontinuation of most retail pairs. Of course the industrial and the military pairs will soldier on, so there's that. The Radar is a better looking package. They're improved over the M Frame in certain ways. But from a pure performance standpoint you won't convince me the M Frame isn't superior.

Which is probably why the M Frame has been around just shy of 25 years and is getting a full body-off resto and reboot. My only fear is that they'll take the aspects that were good and carry them over, and miss the subtle nuances that made them great.

oops srry thought I made a link..
Oakley Custom Sunglasses, Goggles, Backpacks, Watches
I orderd these custom around 6 months ago, it was cool cus Oakley gave me 30% off due to a prior order mistake on another set, so I went with a polished black chrome icon and pos red iridium look(I still haven't worn them to this day that's how much I love em lol) ............I see a lot of reboots in movies and music and so on, I hope that a M Frame reboot brings us more customization, as well as technology. maybe a switchlock feaure called "M" Lock (press the button or an O on frame?maybe iridescent frames that glow in the dark?...............like Tron LOL we can call it the M Tron...lol..........also with a reboot on Robocop the movie, they can make a m frame for that as well ,(make it a M frame made of titanium and one m frame of aluminum for those cant afford Ti?

Here's the M2

Oakley-Sunglasses-OO9212-05fw800fh800.jpg

There's some mild speculation as to what the temples might do as far as function (aside from hopefully nothing).

They've done an M Frame in Magnesium. The whole function of the frame relies on the flex of the stems, so to do it in metal they made spring hinges and the frame was 5 individual pieces that were precariously screwed together. Not too sure metal does well for a sports pair.

wow that looks sweet , I like how the outer top lens goes more towards the frame like the sweep lens doeswhich basically allows less light in, I wush they would adapt a switchlock technology though.interchangeable icons and earsocks, and different colored nose pieces would def top this off. im thouroly surprised that Oakley doesn't offer diff color earsocks and nose bombs on all the current models, and force us to go to amarker makers instead.....totally dropped the ball there...........sigh

They've offered quite a few colors for M Frame stuff in its heyday. I have yellow, cardinal, blue, along with the 4 yo can still get. And the Flak Jacket and Radar/Lock all have a dozen or so colors to choose from. I'm sure the Racing Jacket has a lot too.

Non-sports pairs generally have less parts support. But the sports pairs have always been customizable for team color coordination or whatever.

Great story. You have a wonderful spirit and an obvious love for Oakley. Your message to open the thread was very interesting to read. You talk about your eye troubles and your love for Oakley sunglasses, but you also speak of your wife several times. Glad to here you express your appreciation for her support. My life would not be nearly as wonderful as it is if I had not met and married my love. She is my greatest friend and supporter. Not to mention buys me most of my sunglasses. Keep up your good work and keep collecting.