• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Marching To Red Square

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
I went ahead and put on the red ear socks on my X-Squared today. I have a backordered set of red t-shocks coming as well.

I decided that Ruby with X-Metal was a little too common so I wanted to tweak it a bit.

P1080013.jpg

One thing I've noticed on the X-Squared that I wish Oakley address is the fact that when the earstems are folded, the tip can scratch the other earstem. See pic below. Kinda wish they did something about that.

P1080014.jpg

None of mine do that, it looks like the one stem is going in too far.
IMG_0827.jpg

I like the red socks! That would look even better if you did some custom + Red lenses.

I went ahead and put on the red ear socks on my X-Squared today. I have a backordered set of red t-shocks coming as well.

I decided that Ruby with X-Metal was a little too common so I wanted to tweak it a bit.

P1080013.jpg

One thing I've noticed on the X-Squared that I wish Oakley address is the fact that when the earstems are folded, the tip can scratch the other earstem. See pic below. Kinda wish they did something about that.

P1080014.jpg

screenshot20111115at100.png

Both of the stems on mine go in too far. :(

It seems to be pretty common on X metals with this type of hinge. I think probably becasue the parts are cast the tolerances are not that great. My others I bought in store and got to pick through some, I think I just got lucky with the 24k. On one of my juliets one stem goes so far in it almost touches the frame.