• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars Gold Iridium Leather - I'm new here. Please help.

mariusz44

Oakley Beginner
Hi all.
I'm new here, so please do bear with me ;) If I placed my post in wrong section - please correct it. Thanks.
Since about 3 years I started to collect vintage 'icons' glasses - especially related to the movies. So most of my collection are Ray Bans. But my first was Oakley silver oval polarized (can't remember the model name) Now, because I have all RB that I like, I started collect Oakley's. My secondary was so called 'ballistic' and they are great for bike ;) But my ever dream was Oakley Mars Iridium Leather and I was looking for them for about 1 year and finally found on Ebay and bought them today. In the meantime I read a lot of excellent fakes - difficult to differentiate from authentic.
Now my polite ask:
Could you tell me or show by links, pics, videos characteristics to which I should pay attention to discover originality. If it helps, here the link to the auction:
Oakley Leather Mars Jordan edition Sunglasses Rare Collectors | eBay
If these pics are not enough, tell me please how and what shld I take and ev. post here. Thank you very much!
Kind Regards
Mariusz
BTW:
If you have any questions about the authenticity of Ray Bans - I serve my help!

Those are the real deal, in my opinion: take a look at the leather, the fainting is very congruent with the age. Those are a nice pair of shades you got there..... If I'm not mistaken a fellow member here is selling a pair. Besides, take a look at the seller's other items, they're authentic, I wonder if he's on this forum too...

Those look 'kosher' to me. The serial on the left earstem is good, the earstems also look fine, the frames are just great with the leather covering: I can't see anything which could be considered wrong or fake.

DSCF4543.jpg

I've never seen a counterfeit Mars leather so you're off to a good start.
Those that you got are gorgeous- light crisp leather and clean stitching.
Nice grail noob! :biggrin:

Thank you !!! And please for good tips ;)

Thank you very, very much guys!
First of all for explanation. Now I'm pretty sure what I bought. And now my next question: as said I'd like to continue w/ Oakley's. Could you recommend me, which models are considered as collectors or are connected w/ any known movies?
Best Regards
Mariusz

WOW! Thanks. Many of them... I never thought that so much. Oakley's usually I associated with the Tour de France or war movies such as 'Saving Private Ryan' if I good remember. Of course over the top is 'Fight Club' ;)

WOW! Thanks. Many of them... I never thought that so much. Oakley's usually I associated with the Tour de France or war movies such as 'Saving Private Ryan' if I good remember. Of course over the top is 'Fight Club' ;)

OTT's were in a Blade movie &, I believe, one of the Spy Kids too, the Mars was in Fight Club. There wouldn't have been Oakleys in Saving Pvt Ryan as that was set far too far back. You might be thinking of Black Hawk Down?

Latest Posts

Back