• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars landing

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
As far as I'm concerned, it's @dragonvoi's collection, so he gets to set the parameters for it and if he goes strictly by serial, then that's fine.

And as for people who make clones for themselves, then again, it's their prerogative, as long as they are not misrepresented for sale. I'd rather have the originals but that's my personal choice - when I go custom, I go for colourways that weren't available OEM (x-metal/jade Juliet for example) and I'm fine with that too.

As far as I'm concerned, it's @dragonvoi's collection, so he gets to set the parameters for it and if he goes strictly by serial, then that's fine.

And as for people who make clones for themselves, then again, it's their prerogative, as long as they are not misrepresented for sale. I'd rather have the originals but that's my personal choice - when I go custom, I go for colourways that weren't available OEM (x-metal/jade Juliet for example) and I'm fine with that too.

I agree - the only reason I posted anything more than "nice set!" was that his 2nd post seemed to solicit debate on the subject... :D

I agree - the only reason I posted anything more than "nice set!" was that his 2nd post seemed to solicit debate on the subject... :D

Which is why i posted this in the discussion section not on the recent or collection sections. Thanks for chiming in everyone so far! I am also looking forward to see if anyone else has opinions.

But you didn't say you're trying to get every SKU, only "all the frames". But please clarify - by that, do you mean like this, an example of each different SKU prefix? What about suffix (gen)? And/or for the nonserialed, do you mean every finish available for each frame? I've thought about that but my ambitions aren't that big yet... :D

Funny you mentioned this ^. My first goal for collecting was to get 1 of each x metal. As i got introduced to the different styles, I found my favorites, R1, XX, XS. it then became about the r1. Every iteration, which to me is 7. Of course customs were encouraged. 1st and 2nd gen of three colorways & Jordan. Then the XX, which would be also 7; 1st and 2nd gen 24k, xm, and tio2, then plasma. Then I veered from this with the x squared, since they werent serialized i was not fussed to get a plasma ice and plasma fire...

After that set everything seemed to be a lot "looser".

Pennys, five. PV, PI, XM, PC, PB
Half x, my least favorite, because they look terrible on me.
Just the frames. Carbon, polished, plasma, xmetal
Mars, frame variations, mars, crater, leather
Romeo2 5 only (not counting polarized vs non) plasma, polished, carbon, xmetal GSR2
Then the juliets are just a beast themselves. Oh my goodness.
So with that I though of starting small, I so far have 6 of my goal of nine frame finishes produced. XM, plasma, Carbon, 24k, Brown, Polished. i am still looking for: ti, tio2 and polished carbon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I started with Juliet and it's a job all in itself to collect a decent representation of all the model variations out there. Still, it remains my favourite.

its a complete set for me! just as long as you get what you want and you collect what you love then its fine... for some its all about the serials, for some its about the quantity, for some it must be complete with boxes, for some it must be mint... for me if i want it then i will buy it and i will love staring at it because i bought it with my hard earned money.... go ahead ken and complete the set! but please sell me your polished with emerald R1s! lol!