1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I am in the process of trying to obtain a Mars and I wanted to get opinions on them. How's the fit, are they comfortable, how's the durability on these? Also if possible, post some pictures of yours. These are by far my favorite X-Metal and I'd like to see some personal feedback.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. hkwinger

hkwinger Oakley Beginner

I love the mars. I have collected every color combination out there. I think that they look awesome. They display extremely well especially if you have a Bob head or something like that. As far at the fit, they are not the most comfortable. They are pretty small. I have a big head and wear them often, but they are not the most practical. First they are tight if you have a wide head. Tighter than any other X-Metal. The orbitals are small too so if you look hard out to the sides, you will see the frame. They sit really close to your face. My friends think that I am nuts when I wear them but I guess its a matter of taste. Not the most subtle glasses in the world. On a positive note, they are the best glasses that fit under a cap for me. Usually I think sunglasses and caps don't look good together, but the mars actually do.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/hkwinger/MarsDisplay.jpg
    http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/hkwinger/MarsCollection.jpg
    http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/hkwinger/MarsIce.jpg

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Wow you have an amazing collection. Are the nose and earsocks the same as the Juliets?

4. S-works

S-works 奥克利专家

i've got the crater version... and i like them a lot... cos of its "out of this world" look.

hkwinger couldn't have said it any better in terms of fit and comfort. I'd add a bit on the durability.... They are well built, as with all x-metals, so quality is top notch here. My only concern is the c-clips used to fasten the orbitals / lens, i'd be very careful if u gonna pry them off to change lenses. If u don't intend to switch out lenses, they should be perfectly fine.

u can catch a glimpse of mine in my album: http://www.oakleyforum.com/members/s-works-albums-s-works-swag-picture96-x-metals.html

Cheers!!

5. S-works

S-works 奥克利专家

6. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

When i met up with a guy that had 3 of them for sale, i tried to put one on and it didn't even fit over my fat head. Another one was really worn and loose and that one barely fit. As a comparison Juliets fit snug on me.

7. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

@Batwolf
    for me is the mars a piece Oakley history!
    it´s to bad, that i get headachs from the stem after a while - that probably means it´s to small :sad:
    i would say, try one before you buy it. otherwise it´s just an display piece . . .

@hkwinger
    nice collection! congrats

8. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

I also agree, nice collection. Out of all my Xmetals I have only 1 pair of Mars. The fit on them is just not right on me, but I just couldn't pass up the price I got mine for.....

9. double

double Oakley Beginner

I've seen a few mars craters with polished frames for sale but I don't see them on o-review, any insight??

10. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

Lovin that Mars collection man. I could look at that all day.
    A real showcase of golden Oakley days.

The wrapped leather version ranks as one of the best display frames out there, in my opinion.
    Stunning design.