• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mars

Half X hinges.
All spring hinges in my opinion are bad. Have a pair of C-Wire 1.0 or 2.0 (cant remember which) with blown out springs, virtually unwearable. Had them since 2001 and both hinges went in the same week. Problem solved, I just bought a pair of Juliets. Wouldnt mind finding some replacement stems tho.

All spring hinges in my opinion are bad. Have a pair of C-Wire 1.0 or 2.0 (cant remember which) with blown out springs, virtually unwearable. Had them since 2001 and both hinges went in the same week. Problem solved, I just bought a pair of Juliets. Wouldnt mind finding some replacement stems tho.
They are all over ebay. Kinda pricey though. You could always post in the exchange.

I too prefer normal hinges over springs, but the half-X ones are particularly notorious. They don't just blow out, they snap off. Unexpectedly.

Back