• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Black Black Iridium Polar Froggies Packaging...

:laugh::laugh:
I would but its her first pair, and I dont know if she is prepared for the awsomeness of the blacklight series

Blacklights are awesome?? I'm going to have to disagree. Great we finally get some lens options across the range but Blacklights are unpolished Acid Series frames with some glow in dark fluid sprayed on. Excuse me, these are SUNglasses, to be worn in daylight, so why the hell do I care if they glow in the dark? I won't be wearing them in the dark and if I did everyone will look at me like I'm a ****!

It's a pointless gimmick to disguise the fact Oakley haven't released a true new colour range for Frogskins for a year. We had Acid Series, Unpolished Acid Series (Blacklights), and upcoming is Tortoise Acid Series and Deuce Coupe (which is just Acid Green). Talk about trying to flog a dead horse, it's like they don't think any other colours exist.

I won't be wearing them in the dark and if I did everyone will look at me like I'm a ****!

I told some bird my new sunglasses glow in the dark she i told if i have them on at night i'mm look like a ****!! ha ha i couldn't give a crap if they do or don't i just like the combo

I already have the matte black/violet and i switch the lenses between the violet, fire, and clear (night use) So these won't be on my radar BUT i do look forward to ordering from you guys soon! =)

Blacklights are awesome?? I'm going to have to disagree. Great we finally get some lens options across the range but Blacklights are unpolished Acid Series frames with some glow in dark fluid sprayed on. Excuse me, these are SUNglasses, to be worn in daylight, so why the hell do I care if they glow in the dark? I won't be wearing them in the dark and if I did everyone will look at me like I'm a ****!

It's a pointless gimmick to disguise the fact Oakley haven't released a true new colour range for Frogskins for a year. We had Acid Series, Unpolished Acid Series (Blacklights), and upcoming is Tortoise Acid Series and Deuce Coupe (which is just Acid Green). Talk about trying to flog a dead horse, it's like they don't think any other colours exist.

I'm with ya on that....I was very very excited for this series in the beginning, then actually having them in hand they were pretty cheap, although they had premium lenses. I've actually took lenses out of these to make my Smog Series even more awesome, and either sold the blacklight frame or stashed it away. The only one I really like is the simplicity of the blacklight black +red since +red lenses are awesome.

had the acid series not predated the black light series i would have liked the blacklight more. Instead I didn't get a single pair.

I think it's somewhat of a double edged sword.

They come out with new colors and people complain the release sucks or the colors aren't wild enough. Then if they re-release colors or make colors similar to something already out there, people still complain.

What about these matte black/black iridium polarized? Couldn't you say it's just another matte black frame with nicer lenses?

In the end, i think at least they're coming out with SOMETHING. They could've just stopped releasing Frogs. THEN what would you say?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, just playing the devil's advocate.

I agree with Splice. Oakley could've just ceased production on the Frogskins all together. But I know people will bitch whether they realize these or not. If they don't release them they sold out, if they release them but the colors aren't up to snuff then they sold out. It's a lose-lose for Oakley.

They come out with new colors and people complain the release sucks or the colors aren't wild enough. Then if they re-release colors or make colors similar to something already out there, people still complain.

What about these matte black/black iridium polarized? Couldn't you say it's just another matte black frame with nicer lenses?

I've never claimed colours aren't wild enough. In fact it could be said the Acid and Blacklight series are too wild. I have never ever seen someone in public wearing Acid Series or Blacklight (not including the black frames) series frames. Ever. So who is buying them other than collectors?

I'm complaining about the current run because the Acid Series didn't sell, they just haven't sold, so why continue with variations of a colour scheme that nobody wants to buy? That doesn't make sense. The Smog series didn't sell so they dropped it pretty quick, but for some reason they don't want to drop the Acid colourway despite it also not selling.

As for the re-releases I'm fine with them re-releasing styles that sold out first time round. I've already stated that in other threads. The only problem with it though is that they were originally sold as being 'Collectors Edition' and the marketing on the collectors edition runs clearly states they will never be released again. So, if Oakley say "buy these, as we'll never do them again" and then goes back on their word which upsets those who bought them first time round, and quite rightly because they were bought on the understanding they wouldn't be released again.

Matte Blacks are fine, they should always be there. Everyone will pretty much start off with a basic black frame/black lens sunglass. Look at Wayfarers, they come in all colours but theres always been and always will be the black frame/black lens pair. It's a go to.

Oakley can do lots of things with the Frogskins, the options are pretty limitless (proved by the fade series, or the Koston Woodgrain for example) yet they choose to persist with a colourway the market doesn't want.

I saw my 1st pair of blacklights in the flesh today (we struggle in SA;))!! I thought they were awesome! They were the blue/orange/fire, I will definitely be picking them up asap!! but I do agree with most, that Oakley dont seem to be able to win with their Frog releases!

Latest Posts

Back