• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Black Frames - Help On Care/cleaning?

I bought a new Specialized limited edition road bike that is matte black and got caught in the rain on a ride and agonized over how to clean it. Everything I read said matte finishes are more delicate because there isn't a clear coat to protect the paint. Then I found a tip that made the most sense and it's what I use to wash my bike now, Johnson & Johnson tear free baby wash. It's super gentle and is okay to get it in a newborn's eyes so it won't harm the finish yet it is a soap so it'll still clean.

Coming from somone who has extremely oily hair (and proud of it), and who primarily wears Matte Rootbeer, and Matte Black frames, I know exactly what youre referring too, and its not a problem. Ill wear mine for hours at a time, take them off and see the oil, wipe it with a microbag, and occasionally give it a good scrubbing with the lens cleaner. I havent had any problems with this yet, and they still look good as new.

I think youll be ok man.

Sweet, thanks :)

Back