• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Colors More Brittle?

Didn't we recently have a thread about how someone thought the crankcases felt a little cheaper than usual? I don't remember who it was but I do believe it was posted a while back. Maybe it wasn't completely unfounded.

Give the area along the crack a close look, make sure there is not a bubble in the frame from the molding process. that can make frames prone to cracking. I have snapped a pair of flaks in half that had this defect before.

OBlazer said:
Give the area along the crack a close look, make sure there is not a bubble in the frame from the molding process. that can make frames prone to cracking. I have snapped a pair of flaks in half that had this defect before.

2nd that. I have seen it happen on many different frames, it's usually considered a defect especially if it is within 90days of original purchase and wear and tear on the rest of the frame is minimal. (just shows that you weren't head banging pavement)

I didn't see a bubble. I sent them back to 1 Icon today for a new stem. The stem seems to be just as thick as my fuel cells.

Latest Posts

Back