• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Grey frames - too big for lenses?

crailtap25

Oakley Expert
Naples
Hey guys.. so i just bought a matte grey frogskins FRAME off ebay. It got here today and when i went to put lenses in, they were too small and fall right out with a few whacks. It seems to be the frame from the 4-legged set?

I have a pair of frogskins LX, and the lenses from those fit in.

Any tips or tricks to get these slightly too-small lenses to fit nicer?

These frames do not seems to be broken or anything, but maybe they are stretched somehow.

Chris

looks like i am down to two options:

try and shrink them down somehow by heating

or

buy a pair of lx lenses which sees to fit..

I was talking to a rep. at revant lenses, and he brought up the fact that the SKU number of these comes back to Jupiter LX glasses! What the heck? They are definitely matte grey frogskins, with frogskin stems. The number is 03-284.

This got me thinking.. the Jupiter LX lenses are slightly bigger and pretty much the same shape as the frogskins.. could these have Jupiter LX lenses? Maybe the previous owner shoved them in there and stretched? but why would the sku be matched to jupiter? weird. I'm going to have to try and see if they fit..

any other thoughts or input?

anyone else dealt with a sku that doesn't match up to what you have?

to me, the "O" on the inside of stem (oakley logo O between the 55 and 17).. looks a tiny bit off.. what do you guys think? I really cannot believe these are fake though.. so high quality, as you can see from the photos.

I'm not so sure. The sku isn't lining up to anything I have in that color. The 4 legged matte grey with purple is 03-220 I believe

1472261653187-1266726559.jpg
1472261698381-929451429.jpg
1472261724426-1716785725.jpg

Back