• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Painting

yugotprblms

Oakley Beginner
Hi everybody! I'm new to these forums, but I was curious as to doing some painting of my new Split Jackets. I got the black polished frames with the blue jaws from the vault for cheap, but want a different color. I like the idea of at least a matte black type of base, possibly nothing else. Other matte colors on top would be something to think about, but I have not come up with a design or anything I am certain about yet.

I just have no idea what the best way to go about a matte paint job would be. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks guys.

I picked up the same pair from the Vault for a killer price. I removed the jaws and painted it matte black with a gloss clear coat. It turned out great. The jaws have a very subtle contrast from the frames. I left the icons and hinge blue. They look awesome. I think I will pick up some ice iridium lenses!

Easy to do if you have basic painting skills. PM me for more details.

you can go anywhere between shine gloss down to coarse rough textured matte...All up to you...

Latest Posts

Back