1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Lello

Lello Oakley Beginner

Hi oakley forum.

Were there ever matte rootbeer frogskins in the 2nd generation?

I have an old pair and can't determine if they're legit.

Plastic hinges, correct weight and have a little moulded star under the right hinge. No serial number. Moulded made in USA on the left arm and Frogskins on the right. No other markings.

I'll see if I can put some pics up.

Cheers

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Lello

Lello Oakley Beginner

pics

Matte Rootbeer 2nd Gen? - akkLnIwUagyZ92HnUqNHjSAqwXTxalquA_No2f8FAA=w334-h222-p-no Matte Rootbeer 2nd Gen? - 1-sxJ2Z08qmwNC7HntFbJAFnRfKtGA7acSauAnei4w=w334-h222-p-no Matte Rootbeer 2nd Gen? - XQ1LwkKQwZtbZiIeVEfcevE4GB6ulz0jHi7SrRQx-A=w311-h207-p-no Matte Rootbeer 2nd Gen? - sEe_V2_Y5S14x5xLNgLkTG0YR88uBqtiY0qtWtQSXg=w311-h207-p-no Matte Rootbeer 2nd Gen? - DCLCUs3mMPLBuB3bGttkIFMEkwp6KXuH0oLzOkBc6A=w334-h222-p-no

3. OGfrog

OGfrog Oakley Enthusiast

Looks legit...2nd gen hinges are supposed to look like that although several on here may disagree... They have before

4. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

I second that ...

5. teddy57

teddy57 Oakley Enthusiast

Look legit to me as well. Looking at the pictures on O-Review, both SKUs 03-058 (grey lense) and 03-059 (broze irid lense) frames appear to be matte, although their official title was simply 'Rootbeer'.