• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Titanium Romeo

CigarAficionado

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
How rare is this finish on the R1? I have only seen one before and don't really hear them mentioned much.

They might have appeared to be slightly polished due to wear. There was only one titanium finish along with plasma and X Metal. I don't see many of the Ti's offered compared to the other 2.

There is 2 gen for Ti. The 1st gen is matte like X-Metal but more bright. For 2nd gen, it is a bit shiny like current plasma.

Matte Titanium finish Romeo
null_zpsfe822109.jpg

Matte Titanium finish Romeo
null_zpsfe822109.jpg
I think I may have the "bone" finish then. It doesn't look like this. I'll post some pics on Saturday and hopefully Brip can chime in. Does anyone have the "bone" finish and the titanium? I'd like to see a pic showing the two side by side.

I do not think there is a a actually a bone finish plasma as per the juliets. I could be mistaken, but in ten plus years of collecting and I have had many plasma Romeos, I have never come across one. I have a later plasma version which is quite polished in its appearance and 2 early models, both in low digits which are more satin in their appearance maybe and maybe as brip has mentioned in previous discussions, a 'hint' of gold which is very subtle but they are definitely not a bone white colour. I will photograph them shortly alongside the later A suffixed plasma frame and also against the titanium romeo previously pictured. I do not however have a gen 2 titanium frame for comparison.

I do not think there is a a actually a bone finish plasma as per the juliets. I could be mistaken, but in ten plus years of collecting and I have had many plasma Romeos, I have never come across one. I have a later plasma version which is quite polished in its appearance and 2 early models, both in low digits which are more satin in their appearance maybe and maybe as brip has mentioned in previous discussions, a 'hint' of gold which is very subtle but they are definitely not a bone white colour. I will photograph them shortly alongside the later A suffixed plasma frame and also against the titanium romeo previously pictured. I do not however have a gen 2 titanium frame for comparison.
I just traded a gen 2 titanium R1 and it's a little polished, or like you called a satin finish. I also have a gen 1 plasma and it it quite polished, very shiny and reflective, low serial as well. But this other one is not reflective, it's reminiscent of a gen 1 Juliet. Can't wait to get it so I can post photos side by side with my other two.

Thats very interesting to hear and I am looking forward to seeing the comparison. I will photograph mine as soon as I can as they are packed away at the moment. It is my early plasma frames that have the satin appearance btw :)

Latest Posts

Back