• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Vs Polished

Which Frame Is Prettier?

• Matte Black

Votes: 20 87.0%
  • Polished Black

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally prefer matte- as it seems do others in this thread; although I find that somewhat interesting given Oakley's near obsession with Polished Black and Ink frames so for some reason THEY think the preference is that, not matte. Matte sets off lens colors more in my experience and are cooler and less "sticky" to wear- but again, its quite rare and less of an option vs. alternatives as a matter of course. That said? I avoid both if possible- black hides frame architecture and frame styling cues..but that's another topic and you didn't ask that :)

I generally prefer matte- as it seems do others in this thread; although I find that somewhat interesting given Oakley's near obsession with Polished Black and Ink frames so for some reason THEY think the preference is that, not matte. Matte sets off lens colors more in my experience and are cooler and less "sticky" to wear- but again, its quite rare and less of an option vs. alternatives as a matter of course. That said? I avoid both if possible- black hides frame architecture and frame styling cues..but that's another topic and you didn't ask that :)

So which color frame would you go for in say the Turbines for example? (With a Daily Prizm lens)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back