• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Max Fearlight Wire Sub Zero - CUSTOM BUILD!

Nice work, Brian! Even at it's current state, it looks awesome!

Haha cheers Splice.. the next couple of steps are probably the most critical. lining up the frame right, then soldering it together (trying to weld it would be abit silly, i'll probably just melt it all), and then the crux - cutting those lenses and getting the groove dead on. i might have to fashion some kind of guide to cut the lens edges. but we'll cross that bridge when we get there haha!

Looks like that is quiet the project, how are you planning on getting lenses to fit without messing up the clarity of the lenses?

Looks like that is quiet the project, how are you planning on getting lenses to fit without messing up the clarity of the lenses?

hey, thanks.

with the lenses its simple, cut the Mframe lens with a dremel to the right size, and route a groove on the edge that will hold the wire. The Lens wont be under any stress or distortion, so i dont see a clarity issue.

I think the best way would be hard soldering, using a combination of the right soldering paste and soldering metal which is next to your wire material . Around 600° C. Or, and this would be a great solution to remove the lenses without demage, solder two 1.0mm nuts on the wire and screw them together.

I think the best way would be hard soldering, using a combination of the right soldering paste and soldering metal which is next to your wire material . Around 600° C. Or, and this would be a great solution to remove the lenses without demage, solder two 1.0mm nuts on the wire and screw them together.

thanks for the tip! for this first prototype, i actually intend to make the lenses permanently fitted to the wire portion- but the earstems and hinge are removable. i believe this is how the original one is built anyway.. the lenses dont come out of the wire frame, but the wire frame with the lenses are removable as a whole.