• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Max Fearlight Wire Sub Zero - CUSTOM BUILD!

just spoke with Grandmaster Dann. I will try some new things with the frame.

1. Since the Gen1 arms are too nice to strip the coating off, i will be hand-painting the hinges to match the fingerprint colorway of the earstems.
2. Will attempt to use epoxy to construct the wire section. Easier and cleaner.
3. I still need a scratched up standard Mframe Lens (for the locking tabs), and also a positive red lens for actual lens material (Mframe preferrable, needs to be large.) PLEASE. its the last bit of the puzzle...

As someone who has always been a fan of restoration projects (outside of oakleys) for a long time, for you to be building this from basically the ground up is utterly awesome, BriP!!!

As someone who has always been a fan of restoration projects (outside of oakleys) for a long time, for you to be building this from basically the ground up is utterly awesome, BriP!!!

thanks! im excited to get this done. i myself am a restoration junkie- i have a 1974 Lamborghini Urraco P250S in my garage that is underway a full teardown for a ground-up resto, i just rebuilt my commuter bicycle with fresh rubber and paint last weekend, and in the process of helping my gf rebuild hers as well.

oakley wise i have restored multiple pairs of xmetals and o-matter frames.. its just a gratifying process :)

thank you!

heres something for ya- the parts all ready to go, sans the lens material for connection to the hinges, and the lens itself.

dcff0183-a2e1-097a.jpg

the donor 0.4 squared is below. the arms and lenses are serviceable so ill save them to rebuild another time, or as parts.

so i need these lenses.. positive red mframe (larger than sweep).. to cut from. i will build the wire frame on a plaster cast of a zero so that the curvature is correct. more progress to come.. i wanna get this dead on..!

ok update time! so after much trouble, cold sweats, nerves and worry, i have managed to attach the arms to the hinges without snapping anything. *phew*

ok here they are, open and closed. they fit perfectly with the normal curvature of a zero lens, so all is set!
closed
uvaqedy2.jpg

open
ga5a3yja.jpg

with the 0.4 lens for measure
ahaje7um.jpg

etyzavy4.jpg

syte6edu.jpg

now just imagine the wire frame and... its ALIVEE!