• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Maybe a petition will work??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully recognize that, but they have had their stumbles as of late just trying to sell Badman and Madman with the afterglow of X-Metal. An overwhelming response might at the very least get us closer to something resembling the ethos and single-minded approach to a product that was the X-Metal line. I don't want anyone to run out of Internet juice, so if we're all happy polishing the diminishing number Juliets we have and coveting the rare find of a few nosebombs, I think it's worth at the least making it well known to Luxxotica there's a reason Chevrolet kept the Corvette around even when it was barely making anything directly for the company. It keeps people interested even if they're not buying it.

I do not think we need to convince them there is interested in the X-metals. They know it already otherwise they would not have traded on the name for the Badman and Madman. The tricky part is convincing them that everyone who has interest in them is willing to plunk down the money when it comes time. Judging how deeply the Badman and Madman have been discounted lately to get them out the door I do not know if they have the warm and fuzzies about the idea. I do not know if most of the community would be keen on paying upwards of $800 for a pair either - just a guess on pricing judging by $400-500 for aluminum/Omatter combo and $600 for the Pit Boss.

I fully recognize that, but they have had their stumbles as of late just trying to sell Badman and Madman with the afterglow of X-Metal. An overwhelming response might at the very least get us closer to something resembling the ethos and single-minded approach to a product that was the X-Metal line. I don't want anyone to run out of Internet juice, so if we're all happy polishing the diminishing number Juliets we have and coveting the rare find of a few nosebombs, I think it's worth at the least making it well known to Luxxotica there's a reason Chevrolet kept the Corvette around even when it was barely making anything directly for the company. It keeps people interested even if they're not buying it.
The Corvette has always made Chevrolet money. They wouldve dropped it the minute it wasnt. They have made some pretty crappy ones along the way, like the later years, emissions-law plagued C3 and the God awful C4, but they have always sold well.

X Metals, unlike a Corvette, were expensive, dirty, and dangerous to make, and the sales were decent, but ultimately did not offset the costs. Apples and oranges brother

I'm not 12.
I'm not dillusional either.
OakleyGuru379, your condescending tone is adorable, considering both of us are trading comments in a forum for adults unreasonably enthusiastic about sunglasses.
I do think that being clear that sales of the Badman and Madman aren't indicative of demand, but rather the loyalists not being more than happy to buy up every attempt to shape turds into roughly the same shape as sunglasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back