• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Maybe a petition will work??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X-metals keep us excited about coming back on this forum, at least it does for me. I love reading about all the knowledge of the members here and the passion they feel for their precious pieces. I understand the topic has been beat to death but I don't mind givin it another whack every other day or so to make sure we didn't give up too soon. What's the harm in a dream? And is it really dreaming to expect a product that could or should be 10x easier to produce nowadays ? I for one applaud the op effort !

I'm thinking of some kind of clip where the kids repeatedly ask "Are We There Yet?"

Dreams are good. Unless you have some kind of way of making it a reality, they are just that. Oakley had become a soulless subsidiary and its god isn't changing its mind.

Yeah, it is easier to mass produce the metals, but is it worth it? Only the metal zealots will buy it. Mere peons will not pay the $400 asking price.

I wish this would die already.

Are we there yet? We are past there. And there will be no return. Maybe soulless Oakley will prove me wrong, but I am not holding my breath.

With many things in life, we start from a place of hopeful naivety and end with discouraged cynicism. The return of x-metals is one of those things.

Some digging around can find numerous threads where this subject has been discussed in detail, beaten to death. There is literally nothing new that can still be said about it.

IMO the only reason this thread isn't locked already is because it's in the sunglasses discussion forum instead of the x-metal discussion forum, where it should be.

@xmetalmaniac

With many things in life, we start from a place of hopeful naivety and end with discouraged cynicism. The return of x-metals is one of those things.

Some digging around can find numerous threads where this subject has been discussed in detail, beaten to death. There is literally nothing new that can still be said about it.

IMO the only reason this thread isn't locked already is because it's in the sunglasses discussion forum instead of the x-metal discussion forum, where it should be.

@xmetalmaniac
I learned something new. Naivety is a word. I just prefer naiveté lol

I am tired of this lol

IBTL

DIE METALS DIE

People are buying the new carbon shift glasses that bring nothing new to design or look at very inflated prices. Prices don't deter people if they truly like the product and the product is probably more popular now then when it was for sale.

Well honestly the only reason why I have not locked it yet is to see members repost stuff showing they don't use the search tool and veteran members continuing to ensue lengthly convos with the same old thing. Just report the thread and move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back