• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me....

Just curious, OP mentioned lenses' iridium coating was coming off... but Oakley doesn't have any warranty on the lenses right? Just wanted to know the reason for them taking it in as a warranty claim.

Thanks!

Just curious, OP mentioned lenses' iridium coating was coming off... but Oakley doesn't have any warranty on the lenses right? Just wanted to know the reason for them taking it in as a warranty claim.

Thanks!

the glasses were still under the 1 year warranty. they must have saw the iridium fading as a defect. the glasses are in otherwise mint condition.

the cleaning kit was put in the same box as my glasses. it wasn't in a new box to itself. it is the aluminium bottle. i dont think it leaked, because nothing was wet. its not really a big deal, since it was free. and i can always use an extra pouch to keep a cleaning cloth in. but i am just more curious than anything.

yup oakley considers lens peeling a manufacturer defect, but in reality its just a courtesy. lens peeling issues are always because sweat was not removed, or you used an inappropriate lens cleaner (high alcohol content)

I think there has to be other causes. I regularly clean my oakleys, and this occurred on the outside. In the middle of the lens next to the arm. I'm not sure how any sweat could have ever gotten there and stayed without rolling off. And I have never used anything to clean my oakleys except the lens cleaning solution, and the hydrophobic pen. I have never even used my shirt to wipe my oakleys with (which I do with cheap glasses). Always the cleaning cloth.

I understand that I can get free refills for life. And I clean my Oaks often. In this case, the iridium was coming off of the outside near the corner, at the arm.

My question is "did they mean to ship an empty bottle?" they have to be able to ship a full bottle... How else would they ship it when you order a cleaning kit?

How did they ship it? UPS and FedEx have become very strict on shipping fluids. Oakley might be playing it safe since they know you can get it filled at many stores.

Back